there's hope for a VBAC! i need support! (long)

jocie

Mumma of 4 crazy kiddos
Reaction score
okay, ill give you a little history to start.
Im pregnant with my 4th baby, due June 1, 2012. :) I had my first two children with no complications, normal, natural drama free deliveries. with my 3rd baby things went along nicely the whole tie until 37w5d when i went into labor. i went to get checked and see what the progress was and i was 0cm and baby was high. upon u/s we found him to be breech, so therefore a c-section and ultimately a healthy happy 7lb baby boy. this was 14 months ago.

it was not what i wanted, everything turned out fine, but i was so hoping for another natural delivery and quick recovery. where i live there are 2 ways to get a VBAC; a homebirth (which DH opposes, and thats okay) or traveling to a hospital that is 2 hours away. I have fast labors, if i try to travel to the hospital 2 hrs away i may deliver in the car. so this led us to a repeat c-section for this baby.

HOWEVER; i had an appointment today with my OB. he is a very strong advocate for VBACs. when i told him i thought about going with another section he said that the hospital policies are to not do VBACs there, BUT ACOG has recently changed their view and he has ery high hope that i will be able to have a VBAC at my own hospital. :D he told me that if i were to come in in active labor, and were progressing nicely, he would NOT make me have a section and would like to see me deliver naturally! WOOHOO!! i was elated! i am so thankful he is so supportive and knowing that i have 'someone on the inside' supporting me makes me want to succeed!

is this normal for OBs to be so supportive of VBAC? i know that midwives are, but i was just so pleased to know all hope is not lost and i may have a chance after all. :)

pardon my spelling! haha i am so excited im typing too fast! :D

Thats great news hun!

You;ll fund there are more OB'd favouring VBAC as time goes on what they really dont like is completely natural or home VBACS often.

LOL they deal with intervetions all the time so recommend things like constant monitoring and epidurals for every labour it seems.

If you get the green light to VBAC that wonderful, stay at home as long as you can so when you go in your far enough a long for them to let you get on with your labour!

Wonderful, let us know how things go!

thank you! :) he also told me what you did, to stay home until i cant anymore. so that is the plan! :)

Glad you have an OB that is so supportive of your choice,hope it works out well.

Theres tons you can do at home to help cope, first think about doing some hypnobirthing or natal hypnotherapy, then think about all the things you can do to dist5ract yourself in the comfort of your own home with no worriees about Dr's Nurses strangers etc.

I cooked a casserole, played with my toddler bathed him and put him to bed, did an online grocery shop and had a bath. I was 7cm by the time I called and got the MW out (I planned a HB).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->