thermostat and keeping house warm

emzky90

Reaction score
So you put it on and whatever temp you've set it at it stays at and keeps the house at right? Is it more cost effective to keep the house warm and maintain a temp?

Yes it's cheaper to warm your house and maintain it than let it get cold overnight and have to heat it up again.

During the day I have my thermostat set to somewhere between 20-22 depending how cold I am, then at night we turn it down to 17 so it kicks in if the temperature drops below that. Means I don't have to worry too much about the fact Fran doesn't like to wear any covers in bed because it never gets freezing cold xx

I do the same as bigbetty. We keep our thermostat on 19 during the day and 17 overnight. I don't like too warm a house, but I do like to be able to make it warmer if I'm not warm enough is that makes sense :lol: It saves our gas bill loads :)

How do you know if you have a thermostat lol????

Every heater has a thermostat. unless your place is heated by a oven fire :haha:

Its a little dial or digital box where you can set your heating to a certain temp

If you have a thermostat it'll be in a fairly obvious place. Some houses don't have them if their boiler is quite old

We. Have ours all connected up to the iPad, so can change it's whenever we want lol, we set it to about 18 in the day, 17 through the night and 19 in the morning, as it's easier to get up when it's warmer! Tend to maintain around 19 then even though it doesn't come in until it drops below 18.

In the day our thermostat is usually at 20 degrees and then overnight at 19 degrees.

do you ladies just keep yours on 24/7?
or do you have a timer?

our timer doesnt work so it comes on at 7am & goes off at midnight, i just keep it set to 18-19 degrees...

xx

Yeah mine is not "on" 24/7, but is it drops below the set temperature it comes on automatically

do you ladies just keep yours on 24/7?
or do you have a timer?

our timer doesnt work so it comes on at 7am & goes off at midnight, i just keep it set to 18-19 degrees...

xx

We don't bother with the timer, just turn the thermostat up and down. The boiler isn't continually on it just kicks in if it gets too cold x

My thermastats near my draughty front door so it doesn't work like that here :( timer doesn't work either so one of us (usually DH) puts heating on when they get up!

My boiler just kicks in when it drops below what it's set to.

Help, I'm confused. If I set mine to say 21 is that the temperate my house would be or does it mean if the temp drops below that it'll come on?! I like to have my house quite warm :shrug:

Help, I'm confused. If I set mine to say 21 is that the temperate my house would be or does it mean if the temp drops below that it'll come on?! I like to have my house quite warm :shrug:

If you set your thermostat to 21 and the room is colder than that the heating will come on until it reaches 21 then go off again. If the temperature drops it will kick in again, thus maintaining the temperature x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->