These opks are going in the bin!

Willow82

Reaction score
So after my 8th day of flashing smileys, I thought I would test with tap water. Well our tap water must be incredibly fertile as I got another flashing smiley! Time for them to go in the bin I think! I'm relieved that it wasn't my body refusing to ovulate!

Are you serious? I was just going to post something about my crappy CVS opks. I've heard that many women have trouble with opks in general, but I didn't think they were that unreliable. I have also been trying to keep track of cervical mucus and position, and temping, but I've yet to be able to distinguish any kind of a pattern. Man, I thought the brand with the smileys was supposed to be good too.

I should probably qualify it and say that the date of expiry was December 2014. I bought 4 packs for 15 quid off somebody from this forum. I was a bit unsure when I saw they had expired but I used them last month and got a solid around the time I expected to ovulate. This month, they seem to have gone kaput. Just goes to show- don't use expired opks!

I thought once they started flashing then they will continue to flash until peak which would explain why you got flashing with tap water?

OMG I was just about to ask what kind they were but if they are expired I suppose that could be the reason?

I bought some expired for £2 a box and they gave me empty flashing and then solid, following day got positive opk, so they do still work! But I haven't ovulated, geared up and failed, I got 9 days of flashing this month and finally solid! But pffft they are a pain.

I bought some expired for £2 a box and they gave me empty flashing and then solid, following day got positive opk, so they do still work! But I haven't ovulated, geared up and failed, I got 9 days of flashing this month and finally solid! But pffft they are a pain.

It's hard to know what is going on. It's incredibly frustrating. I reckon I've ovulated by now as I'm getting my usual PMS symptoms and have regular 26-28 day cycles. Unless ovulation or the opks have been affected by the antibiotics I've been on for the last week which might be a possibility. I think I'm going to get new opks for the next cycle anyway so at least I can rule out the opks being faulty as a cause.

Found this thread because I was looking to find out if I could use expired OPKs.... Just wondering - do you think your smilie kept flashing because you were pregnant already??? I've heard OPKs can sometimes act as HPTs! :flower: H&H 9 months to you!

Once the flashing smiley (estrogen surge) comes up it wont go back to a solid smiley (unless you don't test for like a week and the digital part resets) and will continue flashing until your lh surge is detected then you'll get your solid smiley. Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->