These parents obviously don't realise how cruel kids can be....

Weird question, but does he know the difference between a boy and a girl, does he know he is a boy.

i dunno but thinking about makes my head hurt...........its messed up!

This reminds me of when i was just starting out in a nursery work, we had a girl of about 3 with a typically female name but she was always dressed in boys clothing, originally she had a kind of harsh short haircut but every month it would get shorter and more masculine then one day she came in pretty much fully shaved off.. i swear for weeks i did not know if this child was a boy or girl. It was only when i finally heard someone refer to her as 'she' that i knew. She always was dressing up in girly dresses and stuff she so wanted to be female, she had two older brothers i guess they just wanted a third or didnt know how to let her be a girl. Sad :(

How odd is this. Does not sound like they are trying to bring him up neutral sounds like they are bringing him up to think he is a girl. I would say we bring Lucas up more gender than these parents. He has lots variety of toys including cars, trains, dolls, soft toys etc. Try our hardest to buy gender items eg. has a yellow bee smart trike and red scuttle bug. I do not buy clothes from the girls section of shops but do try to dress him in lots bright colours including blue and purple (not pink but can't stand the colour myself!). He does have some typically (made for boys) items like a blue sandpit for the garden design we wanted came in blue or pink and yes we chose the blue - don't really like how toy companies make toys then an alternative in pink boy or girl would probs buy the more boy designs eg. bounce and spin zebra.

I have no worries about him dressing up in dresses - we have no dressing up clothes in house but we go to toddler groups and he will want to dress up some weeks policeman and some fairy - never make big deal out of it.

He knows (well might not as not quite got understanding yet) or certainly will know he is a boy as he is!! Can't change that but don't feel like we push him into any boxes.

I think it's very easy to judge from what you read in the news while forgetting that you are not getting the whole story, I would never take anything I read to face value because it's there to sell papers and make a sensational story and I find it quite sad that they are dealing with the press when they should be respecting their child's privacy not selling their story to the world "is it a boy is it a girl" all this hype is so sad, it's a child not the latest gossip on who's sleeping with who, where is respect for this child, everyone is talking about school but he's already getting the nasty haha a boy in a dress comments, his parents should be ashamed for subjecting him to the caprice and prejudices of the press and general public in this way.

an update

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...al-childs-reaction-mothers-questions-sex.html

I thought this was an interesting comment from the update link:
It seems to me they're forcing him more towards the girl side rather than trying to keep him "gender neutral" I think it's a cruel experiment. If they want gender neutral why don't they themselves as adults were male & female clothes and be gender neutral adults and let Sacha enjoy being an innocent child?

I cant help wonder how far the parents actualy wanted to take this, how old did they think they could get away with?

What happens when he got to the point of using public toilets, where they planning on explaining which one he could use and why or just letting him go into what ever one he wanted

A situation that i heard of awhile back was a baby born with female and male sexual organs....... which was classed as 'gender neutral' or 'intersex'..... the doctors told them they can have the situation sorted and they could try and determine what sex the baby was by genetic testing but should wait until the child was older to determine 100% what sex that child was before even considering surgery and i would understand then why a parent would do what these guys were doing .......(trying to find a link to the story but it was quite a few years ago) i am all for my girls playing with 'boys' toys and vice versa.... i dont make a point of buying pink and for christmas i bought my daughter some role play outfits one was a ballerina and the other was a fire fighter outfit but my daughters are still aware that they are female because that IS what they are........these parents are just confusing this poor child and it will probably be more damaging in the long run.

There are certainly better ways of going about teaching your child to be gender neutral. To me it's not about making them wear or play with specific clothes/toys - for them to be neutral it has to be their choice.

I am more the other way - i will generally buy my girl pink/purple clothes and 'girly' toys; and buy my boy 'boy' toys. However at this point in their childhood i won't demand that they only play with those toys - as i have a boy and a girl we have a wide mix of toys and it's up to them what they play with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->