they couldnt do sweep/ bad period type pains/ induction on thursday

kezza943

Pregnant-2nd Trimester
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was booked in for a membrane sweep yesterday, she couldnt reach my cervix so it couldnt be done :( im now booked in for an induction on thursday. ill be 39+1. Does it hurt being induced and how long does it take? i know it varies but i was just wondering how long it took any of you ladies to start contracting with previous babies. Also i keep getting real bad period type pains, they stay for around 20 mins, go and then come back about half hour later...any ideas? thanks for reading!!! xxx :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Why are they inducing you so early? My midwife tried to do a sweep at 40+2 when I was pregnant with my daughter, but couldn't reach my cervix. Couple of days later I went into labour and had her, so there is still hope!x

hiya, id love to go into labour naturally! i keep bouncing on this birthing ball lol, i went into urinary retention after having a coil fitted 3 years ago, now ii have to use catheters when i need to pee, which is very painful! so to stop all infections etc they are inducing me xxx

Ahh you poor thing. Even if you need to be induced, it's not always so bad so don't worry about it. I've not had any induction experiences but have heard lots of positive stories xx

its put me off coils for life lol, im just nervous because i keep reading it hurts alot more than having a natural labour, maybe i should stop reading haha thankyou for replying!!xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->