• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

They say not to worry but who's kidding lol

pandi77

Reaction score
So I got my first scan today at 5 weeks. I have been worried so much the past few days because I felt so much was/is riding on this scan. We had an ectopic in June and I have one tube now so this pregnancy was such a blessing. Our RE told us there's a 20% chance that subsequent pregnancies will be ectopic after the first one so seeing at least a sac was weighing heavily on my mind. My ovulation date is a few days later into my cycle so really I felt we were 4 weeks 5 days today not 5 weeks which would have been based on my LMP and what they are using. The RE wanted to try to rule out ectopic as we are flying out Wednesday and won't be back until next week.

I ramble...got my scan and we saw a tiny sac today yay! She wasn't sure about seeing a yolk yet so we will squeeze in another scan before my flight Wednesday and hopefully see a yolk and put the ectopic fears to bed! So relieved and grateful today. tried not to worry but that's a joke. So now I must google 4.5 mm gestational sac and see if that's okay. I was so worked up during the scan I forgot to ask what a 20mm uterine lining meant and a 4.5 mm gestational sac lol. :happydance:

Hope everything works out for you! Sending positive vibes your way xo

Hey we both had our scabs today!!

Mine also showed the small sac in the uterus and not in the tube, and mine ALSO showed my dates as being 2 days behind my lmp dates!!

Spooky!!

I also found out today that I have a bicornuate uterus so that was a bit of a shocker and a worry!!!

Booked for another scan in 2 weeks and praying for a baby and a hb!! FX for us both Hun! X

Mine also showed the small sac in the uterus and not in the tube, and mine ALSO showed my dates as being 2 days behind my lmp dates!!

Spooky!!

I also found out today that I have a bicornuate uterus so that was a bit of a shocker and a worry!!!

Booked for another scan in 2 weeks and praying for a baby and a hb!! FX for us both Hun! X

Scans not scabs! Lol

Spooky!!

Scans not scabs! Lol

Hysterical Kipkip! I was actually looking to see where you lived in case scabs was some sort on lingo used for a scan in another country haha! Good to hear everything went well and glad to have a buddy with my due date to share this stuff with :haha:

That's great news. I know you want to know and I promised I don't know the answer but please don't consult dr google.

Whilst pregnant google will be your worse enemy, always trows up the worst. Ever the best.

That's great news. I know you want to know and I promised I don't know the answer but please don't consult dr google.

Whilst pregnant google will be your worse enemy, always trows up the worst. Ever the best.

Yes google can be the devil I agree. I have found the best and worst info on this journey so you have to take it all with a grain of salt :winkwink:

Congratulations! That's wonderful news! Did they do a vaginal ultrasound?

I have my first scan Friday and I am SO nervous!!

Thanks! Yes it was a vaginal ultrasound because at 5 weeks it was questionable that we would have seen anything anyway and an internal scan was the only chance. As it is they want a second scan tomorrow before we leave to find the yolk in the sac just to be sure.

I would say relax but that's hogwash lol. I'm still nervous about tomorrow lol

Yes it is hogwash :haha: lol! We're having our scan b/c we're going away as well so I know I'll feel 100 times better going on vacay once we see our bean and *POSSIBLY* the heart beat! I'll be 6+3 at my appt Friday based on O date, or 7 weeks based on LMP...

Good luck at your next scan! :headspin:

Thanks! Yes it was a vaginal ultrasound because at 5 weeks it was questionable that we would have seen anything anyway and an internal scan was the only chance. As it is they want a second scan tomorrow before we leave to find the yolk in the sac just to be sure.

I would say relax but that's hogwash lol. I'm still nervous about tomorrow lol

i had a early scan too we were about 5weeks and thats what we seen too, a little sac no yolk nothing but then had a scan at 6weeks 4days and bingo our little baby with a hb and looking healthy she is now a 15 and half month baby. so what your saying appears really good, lots of baby dust x

Sending you good wishes and positive thoughts for your next scan!

Thanks ladies my second and third scans still showed only a sac but my hcg is rising "appropriately" so I'm trying not to worry. I fly home tomorrow which will be almost 6 weeks and hoping they can work me in for a scan where we will hopefully see something more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->