Thin lining

MinneGirl

Mommy to Weston!
Reaction score
Hi Girls,
If anyone has had any ideas or insight into thickening the uterine lining, I would so appreciate any input.

I was on clomid this past cycle and only had a lining of 5cm on CD10 (day of trigger shot), which the dr said was not optimal. Af got me yesterday and my period is almost non-existent (brown goop, sorry TMI). So clearly my lining was terrible. I'm not sure what to do?

My doctor is thinking of trying clomid once more, but i'm scared to try it again due to the lining issue. I produced 5 follies with clomid, which was good, I guess.

Thanks for reading :)

Minnegirl - I have a friend who had the same issue and she is now preg!!!! So hang in there cause it could happen. She was on clomid for 3 months & it worked but bc her thin lining she had a mc. Then she was refered to a FS who gave her some medication that made her ovulate (one of her other issues) and that same med helped thicken her lining she was suppose to get some injections too but they didn't make it in time so she wasn't able to take them but when she went in to get an ultrasound they said her lining was good & had 1 folicals. So she got her BPF!!!!!! She's about 8 weeks preg and everything is going well!!!! So hang in there cause it could happen!!! I've seen it happen!!!!

Best of luck!!!

Hey Minniegirl

I'm doing IVF and we are told to have lots of protein/fluids, keep heat packs on our bellies etc to ensure the follies grow well and so does the lining.

I know a lot of girls have said accupuncture really helps as it increases blood flow?

Poor diet/simple carbs and sugars can apparently affect estrogen production too. Found the bit below on another forum i'm in...

There are some supplements, either herbal or vitamin wise, that can aid this whole endocrine improvement task along as well. An herb called vitex, or chasteberry is widely known for its ability to balance the hormonal system. Also, an enzyme called bromelain, a derivative of pineapple, is gaining noteriety in its ability to augment uterine lining. A bromelain tablet with every meal would be the way to go. Good nutritional oils from omega 3, 6, and 9's will always benefit the endocrine system and help create balance. A good B-complex will enhance things as well. Antioxidants of all varieties, Green tea, Alpha lipoic acid, Vitamin C, resveratrol (a component of red wine), pycogenol, Vitamin E, and Selenium, all of these will work together to quench oxidants, keeping our systems and livers cleaner. As a result of being cleaner our endocrine systems are better able to function at an optimum level.

I think clomid thins out the lining...you may want to google this... Sorry not much help

Minnegirl- Clomid adversely effects the endometrial lining. thats a known and established fact. The solution is quite easy and am surprised ur doc has not suggested it. Take Oestrogen pills from CD 5-6 till the Ovulation. Progynova is a popular pill with estradiol which builds up lining. Its used very frequently in IUI/IVF cycles. Another option- U might like to try Letroze instead of clomid as thats better for the lining. Hope this helps xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->