Thin PCOS... Any advice???

rockstarlove9

Reaction score
For the longest time I mean like years I always thought my body was normal and that my periods were irregular because I never stayed off bc longer than one or two months. Mostly because I would get frustrated because I wasn't having a period and I wanted to feel normal. So I decided to go for the long haul. After my last depo shot wore off I decided to remain bc free and let my body learn to regulate its own hormones. I've been on bc since thirteen because my period would come on every two weeks bleed heavy and I had really bad cramps. I've always been thin currently in 5'2 and 114 and I was super thin when I first got my period they thought the constant bleeding was due to my weight or lack there of So they put me on bc to regulate them and I had been on them ever since until getting off depo. I've been off the shot for about 10 months now and I thought my body was stArting to regulate. I had begun temping and started to notice a pattern. Every 25 to 30 days I would have a period only it wasn't a true period I would light bleeding for a few hrs maybe four at the max and then spotting the next couple of days it would last in total maybe three days. I recently decided to try to donate my eggs and when going through the donor applicant process I was told some heart wrenching news. They gave me an ultrasound and my right ovary had over 60 follicles by itself and my left had 19. The physicians deferred me due to probable pcos and told me to follow up with my regular physician. I keep thinking how could this be. When I first got off depo and my period was absent coming once and then not coming again for 78 days I mentioned pcos to a mid wife and asked to be checked she told me that pcos was highly unlikely because I don't have any weight issues. I have a follow up appointment with a gynecologist on monday to get officially diagnosed. My question is this how do I naturally treat thin pcos? All the websites say weight loss but to be honest I can't afford to lose any weight? I also have read conflicting stories about wether or not vitex helps with pcos so I'm unsure of whether or not I should continue to take it. Are there any women out here with pcos that can offer me advice support or both. I'm having a tough time with this because everything I read makes it seem like getting pregnant naturally with pcos is impossible and that deeply depresses me... PLEASE HELP ME...

Speak to s herbalist i wouldnt just take vitex. I was told red clover blossom was more suited snd better than vitex butcwecare sll different. I spokr to a herbalist who knowscwhat they are doing bought it oncr then got it from Amazon after that as was cheaper

I was very much like you I'm not thin but not overweight . My periods where very similar. The doctors told me I'd have trouble conceiving but to try for 6 months and then come back to discuss options. Well I got pregnant in month 2 and I'm now 20 weeks. What helped is I could recognise if I ovalated from my "ok" side or my bad side, my right ovary has always gotten more cysts. Sorry I can't help but don't give up hope before you start trying .

I was very much like you I'm not thin but not overweight . My periods where very similar. The doctors told me I'd have trouble conceiving but to try for 6 months and then come back to discuss options. Well I got pregnant in month 2 and I'm now 20 weeks. What helped is I could recognise if I ovalated from my "ok" side or my bad side, my right ovary has always gotten more cysts. Sorry I can't help but don't give up hope before you start trying .

Did you take anything to help ovulation such as vitamins, herbs, clomid, or metaformin (however you spell it)? I always feel the cramps around ovulation time from my left side the one with out the excessive amount of ovaries but the lightness of periods make me think i dont ovulate. im super confused because i never get a positive opk but i have been getting temp dips on ff which they said should confirm ovulation but my charts are so all over the place its really hard to say for certain what is actually happening.

Speak to s herbalist i wouldnt just take vitex. I was told red clover blossom was more suited snd better than vitex butcwecare sll different. I spokr to a herbalist who knowscwhat they are doing bought it oncr then got it from Amazon after that as was cheaper

Thank you

I would either have a very heavy or very light period depended month on month. I only took folic acid and b vitamins ate healthy. TBH I didn't expect it to happen so I didn't put my hopes on anything. I nearly expected to go 6 months trying and then go on meds my GP had said she would send me to someone.

Oh ok did you follow a specific diet or just watched what you ate?

No just basically ate lots fruit veg and meat. I got my bloods tested to check my Iron B12 etc I wasn't allowed start trying until Dec due to medical problems I had to be a year off some of my meds. TBH I was just very lucky prob not best person to get advice off but there is hope so try not to presume the worst. Has the doctor tested your hormones levels at day 3 and 21 of your cycle ? Or checked I'd you are ovalating.

Ps Dr Google isn't always reliable if you are worried go talk to you Doctor. You will always find worst case sceneries on the net.

No just basically ate lots fruit veg and meat. I got my bloods tested to check my Iron B12 etc I wasn't allowed start trying until Dec due to medical problems I had to be a year off some of my meds. TBH I was just very lucky prob not best person to get advice off but there is hope so try not to presume the worst. Has the doctor tested your hormones levels at day 3 and 21 of your cycle ? Or checked I'd you are ovalating.

Ps Dr Google isn't always reliable if you are worried go talk to you Doctor. You will always find worst case sceneries on the net.

I have an appt with the doctor tomorrow so i guess ill see what he says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->