Things are looking up for NOW =)

HHenderson

Princess' X2 Oh NO!
Reaction score
So happy for now!

Besides the fact that my doctor might NOT be delivering I still feel a little bit better about my birthing. She said the closer we come to the week before the due date I will know for sure if she is on call or not.

I did square away some things that the nurse from the last visit scared the poo poo out of me and didnt give me correct or all information!

-Monitoring, I can and WILL be able to walk around, squat, sit on my birthing ball within the 6 ft range. :thumbup: (VBAC so monitoring is a must during labor)

-If my doctor is the one delivering, baby comes out and baby goes on belly right away. (Eww the blood) She said its a NO brainier that she waits for the cord to stop pulsating so the blood goes back to baby UNLESS c-section. :thumbup:

-If I do pass my next glucose screening this week I wont have to worry the rest of the pregnancy. Diabetes doesnt just happen after that point. I should be go if I pass. [-o<

-Epidural class here is a MUST. Even if you dont do it theres ways around getting it anyways but I have to take it.

-Birth plan. She said because I am a VBAC chances are most things in a birth plan for me are automatically out. I can however have a few things like dont ask me for pain management. I guess I need to just be lucky I might possibly have a VBAC.

I dont have to worry about being induced since it is a VBAC that makes me 100x's happier. So unless the baby is a monster and cant pass I think I should be good this time around. I can get a sweep when time comes or passed if she is ON call at the time. :winkwink:

:cloud9: Ohhhhh I get my FREE (yes you read that right) FREE 4d ultrasound on 6/6!!! Ahhhhh I cannot wait to see the baby's lips and toes. I did get to hear her hiccup on the monitor today. I totally started crying. :cloud9:

Aw, I am happy for you that things are looking up! I am learning with this whole process that there are some things you can control, and other things you can't. It sounds like you have the right attitude, to focus on what you can do.

I found out last night that the hospital makes you deliver in a gown they provide. I've been looking forward to wearing my own cotton nightgown. Although that bothered me a little, I am focusing on the fact that I can move around (and they encourage walking) and they also provide birth balls. So, just keep looking at the bright side...and woo hoo for a free ultrasound!!!

Aw, I am happy for you that things are looking up! I am learning with this whole process that there are some things you can control, and other things you can't. It sounds like you have the right attitude, to focus on what you can do.

I found out last night that the hospital makes you deliver in a gown they provide. I've been looking forward to wearing my own cotton nightgown. Although that bothered me a little, I am focusing on the fact that I can move around (and they encourage walking) and they also provide birth balls. So, just keep looking at the bright side...and woo hoo for a free ultrasound!!!

Well bring your gown and wear it right afterwards!! Also bring sani wipes for the birthing ball. That right there would freak me out. Eww LOL Ultrasound is free because I referred a girl. Well sort of. My friend was going but she is high risk so she was transferred so her brothers girlfriend still goes so we used each others names. =) She doesnt even go to my building she goes next door but since my building does their ultrasounds it counted. :happydance::happydance:

Question - whats epidural class? X

Apparently a class they do now here. I never heard of it before a few months ago. I moved an hour away from where I originally lived my whole life so I guess the hospital here wants you to take a specific class where you fill out paper work and hear a brief description of what an epidural is and where they put it and chances of something happening or not happening. I guess its for liability issues. Since I already had one 9 years ago I only have to fill out paper work so the hospital has it now and not when I come in with labor and "I might not be thinking straight" is what the lady said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->