Things I did differently before bfp

red_head

Reaction score
I thought some people might be interested in this - I don’t know which, if any, made a difference, but I’m nearly 8 weeks now, which is the longest pregnancy I’ve had, after 4 years ttc - even if this pregnancy isn’t successful I feel some of the changes I made must have made a difference for it to last this long.
The month before the cycle I fell pregnant I was on clomid, which I think would have made it less likely to get a bfp as it is supposed to mess up your cycle coming off. We’d also decided to take a break and only had sex three times the whole month!! So I know it pissed me off when people said to just relax but I do wonder if having low/no expectations may have impacted on things.
The main differences which I think may have helped are that I went gluten free - totally unrelated but since I fell pregnant one of my doctors mentioned that may have helped, as even without gluten intolerance it can cause inflammation in the body - if I’d have known that I would have tried it ages ago, and it was only a couple months after that I got my bfp.
The other thing I did unconsciously just because I wasn’t feeling well was I stopped wearing nail varnish. I think it’s crazy this could impact but I used to wear it all the time, but then on one of the baby apps it mentioned that you should be careful with it due to the chemicals.
I also took baby aspirin as soon as I thought I was pregnant - you do have to be careful taking it and check with your doctor but because I have a history of recurrent miscarriage they suggested I take it - there are mixed results on studies into it - some swear by it, others think it makes no difference - I don’t know either way, but obviously something has changed for me.
So I don’t know if that’s helpful or not, but just in case it wasn’t just luck and it was one of those things that helped I thought I would share it as it would be nice if it helped someone else.
Good luck
X

I should also say on top of all that I don’t drink alcohol, don’t smoke, don’t have caffeine, don’t have carbonated drinks (so pretty much just water), am vegetarian but almost vegan so don’t have any of the meat or cheese me etc you aren’t supposed to have, plus take folic acid or prenatal but my exercise regime is practically non existent - but all that has been like that for years so I don’t think it would have made an impact specifically. I sound like such fun!! Lol!

Thanks for sharing <3 I think it's lovely you have had success after four years and when you least expected it. I have read many a time people stop trying and that's when it happens. I think the stress of trying becomes too much, which causes an increase in cortisol, which I read steals progesterone, which is needed to support pregnancy. So that clearly does have quite an impact.
Aspirin increases blood flow, so if you don't exercise much then this could have helped in that sense. I am crap at exercising, it's hard to do when you feel depressed and lacking in energy, not sleeping properly etc.
If you changed your diet you may have taken in less sugar which also can hinder conception as it can mess up your hormones. But I agree with the gluten thing, we aren't designed to consume it, we don't process it fabulously and it can and does cause inflammation, another thing aspirin could have helped with being a NSAID.
I have thought about trying aspirin for months but I don't know if I have taken it before, so I don't know if it's safe especially since I seem to bruise rather easily. To me that suggests that my blood may be thin enough already, but with an already too thin uterine lining, it may be that whether my blood is ok or not, aspirin could help. Hard to know what to do! I may stop temping once I know I ovulated though, as it's stressful if you see it dip. But this will depend on whether I use Cyclogest or not this cycle as I want to know if I don't use it, whether my temps hold

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->