Things our Parents do

Princess Lou

Finally a Mummy!
Reaction score
I love my Daddy I really do, but he's doing my head in. Lol.

I'm 25, married for three years and have lived in a different country to him for two years. I'm very capable of looking after myself.

Now, I have had flu for a week and not getting any better and he's adamant he should fly over to check on me and I must go to the doctors.

I know he's worried about me and concerned, but flying over here is a little extreme, he did promise not too (not that I would stop him coming for a visit though) if I promised to go to the doctor next week if I wasn't better.

Although, I wouldn't change him for the world and would probably be upset if he wasn't like that.

Does anyone else still have parents that still like to treat us as we were children at times and hate it but love them for it?

Aww I think its very sweet that he obviously loves you so much :)

I almost died a couple of years back & my Dad didn't even bat an eyelid so count yourself lucky hun x

My dad died not long ago so I would give anything for him to be coming to see me. (not trying to have a dig by the way, just saying from my perspective.)

I can see why you may find it annoying but seriously just embrace it and let him look after you.

yep. Im nearly 21, My dad treats me like im 12, telling me what i can and cant buy for my own home, I feel i cant do anything, Most people at my age would go out and get a piercing or tatoo,Not me because im too busy worrying about what my dad will think. :(

I love him, but its hard work.

Aww I think its very sweet that he obviously loves you so much :)

I almost died a couple of years back & my Dad didn't even bat an eyelid so count yourself lucky hun x

My dad died not long ago so I would give anything for him to be coming to see me. (not trying to have a dig by the way, just saying from my perspective.)

I can see why you may find it annoying but seriously just embrace it and let him look after you.

:hugs:

I can empathise, my Mum isn't with us any more and my dad couldn't even bring himself to be there for my brother and I when she was ill, he managed to come back into the country for her funeral and bogged off again.

It must be annoying to be treated like a kid, but he cares :flower:

I understand he cares, not complaining about that. I lost my Mum when I had only been married for three month and only just 22, I understand the importance of parents and I am not moaning about his over protectiveness.

I was simply commenting on how even though we get older, get married/have children and even move countries, they still like to think of us as their little babies sometimes and want to look after us like they did when we were toddlers.

Nothing malicious or nasty.

I think its very sweet. Sounds like my dad. He would be exactly the same.

My dad is such a worrier like today when i was going out in the car he was panicing cause of the wind so i had to phone him to let him know i was home :dohh: as much as it bugs me at times i wouldnt want him anyother way x

Your sooo lucky.

My dad is so self involved, I don't even think he knows what age I am! lol.
He hasn't treated me like a kid since I was 11 and he started drinking.

I would love a dad that acted like a proper parent, instead of one that is always stealing money out your birthday cards etc.

On the other hand!! DH's parents smother him. I can't believe the way they treat him sometimes, its a little embarrassing. I feel like poking her in the eye when she gets started, I am so use to having my independence!

I would do anything to have a dad like yours. Sometimes I think mine forgets I exist. The man has photos of his dogs on the walls and in frames but none of me or my sister!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->