Things stuck behind the radiator

AngelUK

Mummy of twin boys
Reaction score
Hello I am hoping against hope someone has some advice about what to do when your child has stuck your mobile phone and their playmobil men between the radiator and the wall? I have tried getting them out with a bent metal coat hanger but that made them slip further down and they won't fall out underneath as there is the skirting board in the way. Is there an easy amateur way to maybe get the radiator off the wall? I feel a bit silly to call out a radiator engineer for this? Hoping someone has found a good solution. xx

I use a wooden spoon! Push the item to one side and drag up it up the radiator with the spoon, coat hanger would probably work too! Good luck x

Our radiators just lift up and off the wall! Really simple worth a try

Our radiators just lift up and off the wall! Really simple worth a try

Oh wow thank you so much! Ours did too and what a treasure trove there was behind it! Forgotten books, little blocks etc! And dirt of course lol. Stupidly the water remaining in the radiator poured all over the floor cause somehow we lifted it off the pipe but it wasn't so much and we were able to mop it up (we have wooden floor boards). Seems a bit dodgy though so I am going to call a plumber to fix it before winter lol. But thank you, we got our stuff back and know what to do in future lol :D

Mine are always doing this ...drives me bonkers. Glad u recovered it :)

Oh then do you know how to avoid the pipe disconnecting and water pouring out?

Grabbers.

Handy for getting toys out of all the creative places kids come up with.

Ohh that looks like a very handy tool! Thank you :)

Grabbers.

Handy for getting toys out of all the creative places kids come up with.

We used one of these in our previous property as we couldn't remove it. It was a low radiator they were constantly putting all sorts down there :dohh:

Well, just as a warning to anyone who might also try this: The radiator pipe that goes into the floor got disconnected, water poured out of the radiator and drained the system, with the result that our boiler didn't work any more as the pressure was gone, or something. Had to call the plumber in. He said not to do this again. Costly toddlers we have! lol
I am still grateful for the tip though :)

Did this happen by lifting it off or pulling things out? X

By lifting the radiator up and off the "hooks" but it might well be that the pipe was a dodgy connection but I couldn't swear to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->