Things They Didn't Tell You

Nichole

DD, DS, and pregnant!
Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to put this and I didn't see it anywhere else on the site. So, I have a list of things that happened during pregnancy/delivery that NO baby book or person told me about! Add on if you have some!

Morning sickness isn't just in the mornings.
Speed bumps are your worst enemy.
You will lose weight in the first trimester (I was terrified when that happened!)
Just when you think you won't get bigger...you will.
Sometimes a craving is just a craving for the taste of that food, not the meal. You may buy your craving, take a bite and then want nothing to do with it.
Panty liners are not just for periods.
You can and will get stretch marks in places no one told you about! Boobs, thighs and butt. Protect those areas too.
Even if you don't get stretch marks at first...you will get them later.
There are a lot of people in the delivery room that you do not know.
Most nurses are very nice, some feel like they know everything. Stand up for yourself.
Have someone you trust (hubby, bf, whoever) accompany you to the shower the first time after delivery. It will be hard to stand and if you get dizzy someone needs to be there.
Speaking of shower, there will be a lot of blood. A lot. EVERYWHERE. Don't be afraid to ask for a new gown/undies/pad to sit on/sheet/blanket. The nurses understand.

That's all I can think of for now.

Oh wow, that should help a lot as I'm a first timer :)) thanks!!

Oh sure thing! I'm glad it helped someone lol. Congrats and good luck and if you have any questions at all I'm happy to chat. :)

That is wonderful!! Thanks for sharing!! I wish there was actually a book out there titled Pregnancy - The REAL experience by REAL mothers!!! :)

No sickness and no weight loss is just as normal ...

No sickness and no weight loss is just as normal ...

That is definitely something they don't tell you. I lost a bit of weight in my first trimester and was terrified.

I've had a funny old time this time round, with my daughter I had a terrible severe form of pregnancy sickness morn noon and night from 6 weeks to 25 weeks, I lost weight and had to be put on tablets. This time round, no morning sickness so far and I've put on a lb lol I'm 8weeks+1 day x

Things they don't tell you....

That the chances of pooping while pushing the baby out are quite high.
That the chances of you knowing that you pooped while pushing out the baby are quite slim.

that you will walk like John Wayne after giving birth

It will sting like mad when you go for a wee (like when you was a kid and you fell onto the bar of your bike lol)

x

If you end up having to have a c section the first time you stand up it feels like your organs are falling out

(wish i would've been warned)

Reading these is bringing little memories back! Almost a year since my little girl was born <3 ahhh I remember standing up after giving birth and my balance was so off I felt like a was falling forward while standing straight, and my belly felt like it was going to fall out? And I had to sit down really slow as its sore down there! Also, I remember being scared of looking at my downstairs as I thought it would look different! Lol, and the faces I pulled while pushing baby out where hilarious according to my fiance xXx

Things they don't tell you....

That the chances of pooping while pushing the baby out are quite high.
That the chances of you knowing that you pooped while pushing out the baby are quite slim.

LOL! Wished someone would have told me that many years ago! Very embarrassing!:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->