Things to do with the kids in the Summer Holidays

LittleLady04

Mum of 4
Reaction score
I was just wandering what things do other people do to keep the kids entertained throughout the summer holidays?? Apart from the usual things like days out and swimming what do you do???

I don't want my dd's to be glued to the tv for 6 weeks so thought I would organise some activities for them to do. Please help!!

playground...gardening...making ice cream...washing the car (they love washing my car...lol)

I always try and make a point of going out once a day even just to the park. Or on miserable days I try and do at least one activity like drawing or something as a family, if we have SS over we might play a board game for example? x

Baking
Painting
Paddling pool
planting seeds
chalking pictures on the pavement
paper mach'e
leaf printing
flower pressing
treasure hunt
colouring
board games
christmas list making
card making
making inventions with boxes and bottles ect
dough making
writing a book
making bracelets
etc

We go to the park or lake A LOT. Roxy also loves doing different arts and crafts projects for example we've made jewelry with beads, painted lots of things from pictures to cheap little wooden cars which we then raced, and made books out of construction paper and ribbon to write/draw stories in. Sometimes she'll help me bake cookies or make something fun to eat. There's a hands on "discovery" museum out here for kids and we go there maybe once a month. She likes to help me work in my herb garden or we go for a walk on a nearby nature trail and try to find cool stuff to use in projects or to decorate things like sand castles with. And recently we got a workbook that she can practice math, reading comprehension and writing with and that occupies about an hour of our time a day.

Some great ideas, thanks all I will definately be doing some of these :flower:

We normally :
buy a few new dvds over the 6 weeks for them to watch
Play doh
park
swimming
beach
Scrap booking
paddling pool
visit relatives etc etc

but with the weather supposedly being so bad for August this year I thought I should organise a few extra indoor activities. Thanks again :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->