"Things usually don't go as planned."

Whilst I do think your doctor should have been more tactful and not completely written off birth plans, I do think he has a point. You will quite likely find that no one at the hospital will ever look at it! If you're doing it for yourself to make sure you've thought about all the issues/options, great. But don't expect anyone to read through it at the hospital as they may well not! I think it's more important to make sure that your partner and anyone else in the delivery room with you knows what you want! You really can't plan for anything, it's true... Tbh, in neither of my pregnancies has anyone advised me to write a birth plan, nor ever asked if I've done one. They will ask you what you want at the time... It's not just about not knowing how labour will go, but also about how you cope in that situation. You don't know how you'll cope until you're there, so although you may write in your birth plan that want one thing, when you are actually in labour, you may change your mind completely!!!!

I completely understand OP's feelings. I have been to the hospital for other health issues and I know that generally doctors are like that. They will treat you like an illiterate and stupid woman that should do as she is told. They usually have no respect towards patients wishes feelings etc. Especially surgeons (like the ob gyns), who have a bit (meaning a lot) of a sadistic streak in them.
This is why it pays to have doula/midwife of your choice w/ you in the delivery room. She will know your wishes and will work for your own benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->