think i lost my bloody show thingy..35w2d....

sjtttc

new mum!
Reaction score
Not sure if I cam load a picture from my phone. I've been having bits of mucus come out when I wipe/in underwear over the last few weeks. All clear/yellowish. Been having lots of Lowe back ache and period type cramps too over the last few weeks. Eveytime I turned/tossed last night I got the pain in back/tummy but didn't pay too much notice as I was half asleep. This morning I went to the toilet for a wee and found a big blob of what I think is my bloody show. It's about the size of 2 50 pence pieces down the loo and when I wiped the toilet paper was covered in brown and bright red blood. I immediately checked baby's heartbeat on my little monitor and it was fine. Phew! This is baby number 1 so it's all new to me. I'm going to ring my day assessment unit at 9am when they open and see what they say. I have also had frequent semi loose bowel movements over the last week too. I think I went 4 times yesterday! Anyone else been in a similar position and able to offer me some advice? I'm kinda excited that things maybe beginning to start.buy nervous as its a bit early too. X

Defiantly sounds like your show, I lost my plug 10 days before going into labour with my dd so you could still go until your 37 weeks which they class as full term anyways :) defiantly speak to pregnancy assessment :) good luck! meeting your baby for the first time is both an exciting and amazing experience xxx

Yup deffo sounds like your bloody show hun. I lost mine at 35 weeks with my second and for reason i neva rang and asked :$ but my waters broke about 10 days later and he was born at 37+2 days x

Thanks ladies. I've rang assessment unit Which is normally where I go for bp checks and they said not to panic but to ring delivery suite! So I finally got through and they said to come in this morning so will keep this post updated. I have since had 2 bowel movements in the last few hours too. X

So I've been checked and I'm fully effaced, cervix is very thin and short, 2cm dilated and the doc could see my membranes! They have decided to admit me to keep an eye on bp for tonight and see if anything happens. They said they won't stop me if I was to go into labour. Eeekkk!

How exciting eeeeee keep us updated Hun good luck :D xxx

So the doctor has been round. Didn't even mention bp was an issue and just said as long as I'm not bleeding fresh red bloody mucus, then I can go home this afternoon. I've just been having old blood which is brown and no change in tightenings since yesterday so I presume I just wait it out at home. ( they haven't offered to examine me again so can't tell if this constant back ache/period type pain is doing anything....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->