Think We'll Be Meeting the Boys Before Long

A

amjon

At my appointment yesterday the MFM was concerned my BP was getting a bit higher, so she had me start a 24 hour urine. We were supposed to drop it off at the outpatient lab in the hospital this morning, but when we got there they had closed a bit before. She said we could also go to L&D, but the lab was easier/ faster, so we just headed upstairs. They told us they couldn't take it without admitting me for monitoring. I had started to get a few contractions in the car on the way there, so told them that. They hooked me up and then I started getting contractions, but they weren't showing up on the monitor, so I had DH get the nurse. It turns out I was getting regular contractions (she had to move the monitor and felt them with her hand), so the doctor decided I needed the shot to stop them. That sucker sure stings! They had us wait about 30 minutes to make sure they were going to stop and sent us on our way with an order of more bed rest. The good news is the urine came back normal for protein, so no pre-e for now.

*hugs*

Thank goodness they stopped the happenings! Sorry you had to go through so much crap just to turn in your pee though!

im happy they were able to stop the contractions! i will be watching for updates. You have made it pretty far for having twins!!

I was in last week with contractions with the twins but they stopped and we have been fine since, I hope you can hang on that little bit longer but you have reached a really good gestation!

That's good! 2 more days and they don't require NICU care here as long as they are 2000 grams!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->