Thinking about Dogus IVF in Cyprus

fifibelle

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I am new to this forum and wasn't sure where to post but I thought here would be ok. I am 40 and TTC my first child. We put everything on hold so that my hubby could concentrate on his career but now I feel like we have left it too late. :sad1:

I've been in contact with Dogus IVF Centre in Cyprus and just wondered if anyone has been there or has any advice for me. I am still a bit uncertain about the whole procees and I don't think I could go though the emotional rollercoaster of it going wrong. I need to be sure before I go ahead with anything.

If anyone has any advice for me then please write back or PM me. I'd also like to know if anyone has been successful with their own eggs at 40 because I don't really want to use donor eggs unless I have to.

Thanks

Fi

I've not had any experience with IVF, but I start Clomid with IUI next cycle... This may not be exactly how we saw it happening-- but at this stage in my life, if this is how I'm meant to have a baby, then so be it!!!

Wanted to wish you the best of luck hun. I'm sure there are plenty of women over 40 who were able to conceive with IVF... the chances are good :) Your being proactive and that's great!

Sending you lots of baby ju ju!!!:dust:

Fifi - I am 38 and have been TTC for 15 months.... started with monitoring, then IUI, then Clomid + IUI, and now.... gonal F injections + IUI... My fertility dr is hopeful & we are giving injection drugs & IUI a one-time shot. THen on to IVF next month... I wish that someone would have told me what the realistic chances are of conceiving at a "late age" [hate those words...] instead of giving us statistics like we had a 20% chance with timed bd & plain IUI... Facts as told to me we had a less than 1% chance.

I do not mean to sound pessimistic at all.... Just wish someone would have sent us straight to IVF about 8-9 months ago, that's all... I believe that within 2 months of testing, you will know if your eggs are viable. The process here (Texas) runs about $13,000 start to finish.... Best of luck to you!!!

HI
Im 41 in May and have a little boy concieve in December 2008 I was 38 and a half and he was born perfect but prematurely in July 2009. All well there. No trying to concieve didn't even know my cycle length and it was a bout a year of no contraception and sex when we felt like it didn't know when I was even fertile. Have been now trying for 11 months for number 2 with 2 miscarriages early on in April and June last year. Then haven't concieved at all. Started test etc late in September 2010 had most things and physically both my husband and I are OK. However, I had a consultation at liverpool and after he did an AMH blood test (this tests the hormones excreted by your eggs, showing your egg reserve and quality) I was advised by Liverpool to go IVF. My AMH was 4.97 on the new assays which roughly works at 3.5 in the old assays showing I was at the bottom of the low fertile range (2.5 t0 22.5) Liverpool was working out too expensive so I checked out other clinics and abroad, I researched Dougus and Julie seems really good. However, I did a little research on Fertility friends and a number of posts were very negative about Dogus, stating they had used eggs from underage girls and that one patient had died. This has not been substantiated but scared me off never the less, I then checked out a number of European clinics and had plumped for a clinic in budapest with Smart choice travel. Then I spoke to 3 of my IVF friends who succesfully had IVF in the UK one in Liverpool, one in Manchester MFS and one with Care in Nottingham and all their consultats had avised no air travel after transfer, this freaked me out and as we only had money for one go I decided to go MFS in Manchester for a consultation, I wasn't happy with Liverpool, I felt every time I spoke to them there was another fee to pay. Anyway I went to MFS and saw a wonderful doctor, Dr Cerrichini, and we had a 1.5 hour consult which was great. However, the outcome was that at my age 40 and a half with my AMH my chances of success were about the same with IVF or conception naturally. I was shocked but grateful for his honesty, he showed me stats and indeed there were no successes in my age range with my AMH logged, obviously miracles do happen and of course he would do IVF for me. He did suggest Shared Egg program but my husband and I are not at that point yet.
That's my story and I hope it helps you.
Bex xx
Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"