Thinking of buying a fertility monitor...good idea or not?

willowbrook

Reaction score
After 2 years of ttc, I feel I'm rapidly running out of time at the age of 44! I always thought I knew my body well, but beginning to have doubts. My cycles are regular (if a little short), and think I now need a bit of accuracy to find out if or when I'm ovulating. So really just want a little advice as to whether it's worth parting with my cash for a fertility monitor.

Any help here would be much appreciated

Hi Hun

I think they are a good thing as it can tell you when you are on your lead up to being fertile (which helped me I have cycles of 24 days sometimes a lot less, how short are your cycles hun):flower:

If you are buying a CBFM you can get some great deals on ebay (second hand) or amazon (I believe are cheaper than the chemist) don't forget to shop around also for your sticks they can work out a lot cheaper too!

Also remember if you do buy one not to feed the greedy machine after your first PEAK as it is programmed automatically to ask for more:haha:

Hope this helps and good luck hun - I will be using mine again next month (as my cycles are out at the moment after having had a mc)

If you decide to buy one we have a forum on here full of lots of useful information and the girls are really friendly so come and join.:happydance:

:hugs:

X

Thanks for your advice. So sorry to hear of your mc.

My cycles are usually 24-26 days but have occasional longer or shorter cycles so just want to take the guesswork out of when to try.

I think I've convinced myself it's a good idea, but just wanted a second opinion.

Once again thanks for your help and good luck with your next cycle :flower:

Thanks for your advice. So sorry to hear of your mc.

My cycles are usually 24-26 days but have occasional longer or shorter cycles so just want to take the guesswork out of when to try.

I think I've convinced myself it's a good idea, but just wanted a second opinion.

Once again thanks for your help and good luck with your next cycle :flower:

I think it would be worth it, I have been using opks clear blue smiley face ones which are quite expensive and have been trying for over a year, i keep missing my ovualtion after the cycle happens, my cycles are about 30-35 days. I am thinking of getting one as I have heard good things.

I assume you have been to your doctors and had blood test on +7 days after you antipated ovulation?

My sister had her first baby 7 mths ago at 41 years will no problem

good luckxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"