Thinking of getting a kitten...

Lyrah

Mummy to my beautiful H<3
Reaction score
Would this be dodgy since I'm ttc?

xxx

As a cat fanatic id say go for it,ive always had cats and have 2 children and am currently preg and have an 11yr old cat,a 4yr old,a 18mth and 2 6wk old kittens xx In my opinion when you have a kitten or any new baby animal it takes your mind of ttc and thats when it usualy happens,good luck xx

No but if you fall pregnant the OH will need to clean up the cat litter!

I cant see it being a problem lots of people have bets with babies around :)

We have a kitten!, well she's a wee bit older now but i only had her a month when I found out I was pregnant, and it's like Blah11 says, make sure OH is willing to clean out the litter because of toxoplasmosis.
I'd fill my house with them if it wasn't for the cat hairs!!! (this never used to bother me, just since I started nesting!!)

aww kittens and cats are lovely hunni. i say go for it but remember when you get preggers make sure OH cleans out the litter tray
xx

Thanks all of you :) Yeah would definately make sure OH did the litter. It's just that I've had cats all my life up until recently when I moved away from home and I miss having a cat terribly. And since my hamsters have just died, I'm feeling very lost without having a pet to look after and cuddle.
I've never actually got a kitten, only cats.. so I'm looking forward to bringing a little kitten up and stuff :)

xxx

Thanks all of you :) Yeah would definately make sure OH did the litter. It's just that I've had cats all my life up until recently when I moved away from home and I miss having a cat terribly. And since my hamsters have just died, I'm feeling very lost without having a pet to look after and cuddle.
I've never actually got a kitten, only cats.. so I'm looking forward to bringing a little kitten up and stuff :)

xxx

yer it can be your baby and then when you have a bubba it can be a big bro or sis lol. thats what i tell my cat i keep telling him he is going to be a big brother:rofl::rofl:. sad i know
xx

Aww i have 2 8 week old kittens :) although my son seems to be a little sneezy lately so hoping he's not allergic :(

I only really wanted one but ended up walking away with brother and sister :laugh2: they're so cute!

Good Luck finding a new Kitty:D

xx

xxx

yer it can be your baby and then when you have a bubba it can be a big bro or sis lol. thats what i tell my cat i keep telling him he is going to be a big brother:rofl::rofl:. sad i know
xx

:rofl: That's pretty cute!!

Aww thanks guys, I can't wait :) Where is the best place to get one? I'm not getting one just yet but will be getting one soon. Is there anything like dogs trust for cats?

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place btw, since it was pregnancy related I thought I'd post it here lol.

xxx

We have a kitten (well he is a year now) and he is great! plus if you were planning on letting him out no one has to clean out the litter our cat doesnt use a litter box at all anymore!!

x

xxx

xx

:rofl: That's pretty cute!!

Aww thanks guys, I can't wait :) Where is the best place to get one? I'm not getting one just yet but will be getting one soon. Is there anything like dogs trust for cats?

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place btw, since it was pregnancy related I thought I'd post it here lol.

xxx

try the RSPCA hun they always have kittens in and they have had all ther vaccinations and everything. ive seen kittens in there and they look so alone i just wanted to take them all home. they cost about 60 quid tho cos of all the cost the RSPCA have spent on them
xx

Ahhhh that's fab, thanks a lot :D

xxx

I got my kittens when my youngest was 8 weeks old, so they grew up with him and the others (my eldest being 4), one got its tail ran over and i had to have him put down:cry: but the other is just like one of the kids, hes so cute, the kids will be running round the garden and hes out there running round with them, lol.
He so friendly and cute.
Id say get one, kittens are easier to make how you want them to be (rather cats that are already set in their ways).
There are loads out there looking for a loving home.

Awwwww.

Sorry for the one you had to put down :(

I can't wait to get one. OH wants to get a dog too, we're going to end up with a whole zoo in our house because we're such huge animal lovers haha :D

xxx

Awwwww.

Sorry for the one you had to put down :(

I can't wait to get one. OH wants to get a dog too, we're going to end up with a whole zoo in our house because we're such huge animal lovers haha :D

xxx

It might be an idea to get them both together you know, a pup and a kitten, then they can grow together and will be used to each other.
Older dogs tend to chase cats and cats dont much like pups (to active for them).

I think dogs and cats are such a great outlet for all the caregiving love we have before kids arrive. I'm not saying that they are a substitute for kids, as animals are wonderful little beings in their own right, but it is so good for us to have something furry and purry to lavish with love.:) I know my two cats are my darlings!
On the topic of where to get your pet, I heartily second 16mumtobe: go support your RSPCA. They do so much good work and the 60 quid is actually a really good deal if you compare the costs of vaccinations, neutering, check-ups, etc.

I have 2 cats and have just sold the last 6 kitten litter from my little girlie (she's just been spayed .... no more kitties son my house :cry:)
No reason not to have a kitty, as long as you have the time etc to spend with it.

Rspca or cats protection league,that way theyve had all there jabs etc,other than that local papers and loot,quids in etc usualy have kits free to a good home,good look in your search for one.

This Might Help Persuade You :)

https://i37.tinypic.com/fllvzs.jpg
https://i37.tinypic.com/1z374ok.jpg
https://i34.tinypic.com/346pyr8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g