thinking of going back on allergy meds

I use to take Fexofenadine and Amitriptaline (not sure how you spell it but it treats the nerve endings and also depression in the higher dose, mine was for the nerve endings). I had chronic Urticaria and I know exactly how you feel with itching I also got very swollen skin. When I decided to have another baby my Consultant said the only medication safe to take was Piriton, or that becoming pregnant may get rid of my urticaria which I'm pleased to say is the case with me. My GP did some research and said if mine flares up I can take fexofenadine but I'm very dubious. x

I use to take Fexofenadine and Amitriptaline (not sure how you spell it but it treats the nerve endings and also depression in the higher dose, mine was for the nerve endings). I had chronic Urticaria and I know exactly how you feel with itching I also got very swollen skin. When I decided to have another baby my Consultant said the only medication safe to take was Piriton, or that becoming pregnant may get rid of my urticaria which I'm pleased to say is the case with me. My GP did some research and said if mine flares up I can take fexofenadine but I'm very dubious. x

The pharmacist said I could take Piriton as well, but when I looked it up and saw it was Class C I got all weirded out. I would think, though, that if there was a drug where lots of babies born to mothers who took it were born with problems then GPs would say for sure 'do not take this'. The fact everyone gets such different advice makes me think it's probably all OK.

I've been taking cetrizine for about 5 years now thanks to contact urticaria (ugh!). In my last pregnancy my doctor advised me to change to piriton throughout the pregnancy and i had no problems. Been back to same doctor regarding this pregnancy and he has told me to stick to cetrizine for this one. No idea why he ever told me to switch with the last one!
I would literally go insane if i couldn't take allergy tablets, hehe.

I was sick from weeks 14-16 due to seasonal sinus woes, and come my 16w appointment, when my OB told me Zyrtec was safe, there was much rejoicing! Ever since I started the Zyrtec back up, I've felt human!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->