Thinking of quitting my course

S

Sarah10

arrrgh. So i started an open university course in april, in hope to gain a certificate (would take 2 years altogether) but i NEVER get the time, as soon as i sit down to write jayden starts screaming so my mind then goes blank. I had hopes to go to uni and all that jazz, shall i put it on hold?

I personally wouldn’t I would try to persevere I mean it will be tough but if you leave it’s so hard to go back, grade boundaries go up, you don’t want to etc. I would get a sitter for a while so you can get your work done.

I'm for a full time uni course starting October LO will be in a full time crèche I'm only in class 9 hours a week he will be in crèche full time so I have study time etc. and I want a part time job
:hugs: It will be tough but it will be worth it when you qualify in a well-paying job xxx

Know how you feel hun, i'm not sure i've made the right decision in going back to uni tbh. BUT I think if you can try, it's best to keep at it - if it's what you REALLY want, if you don't then obviously there's nothing wrong in stopping. Because it's the open uni...can you slow it down a bit, like maybe do less modules at a time? Not sure how it works. Or is there anyone that could take him out for a bit so you could focus? If not...cbeebies can be a lifesaver!!

Good luck hun, I know just how hard it is xx

Its only a 15 point course, one module yet i can't seem to get it done :( o/h works long house and gets up at 4am so i don't have anyone to mind him, i tend to try and do some around this sort of time but jaydens woke up 4 times already so my mind isn't focused lol xx

Hun are you doing TMIs or an exam?

The only way I get through my open uni stuff is read the essay question first and just study stuff related to it... X

Its one TMA (i'm on this bit so far and its due in 3 weeks) and an Ema which is due in september, i'm useless at wording the sentences making them sound normal iykwim? I understand it but written down it looks a mess! x

Have you spoke to your tutor about it?

Im the same with structuring it. I find it easier to make a list of my 'main points' and then write a paragraph or so expanding on each one.. Then merge it together abit and it usually works lol x

I did message him a week ago and he still hasn't got back to me lol, looking through the forum it seems everyone is having difficulty communicating with the tutor grr! I think i will see what mark i get for the TMA and if its a bad mark quit if its decent it might give me in incentive to attempt the ema, i dread to think what i will write lol! x

oh huge :hugs:! I hope you get a good mark for it hun! this is what im dreading about college the amount of work

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->