Third baby induction stories??

Hollie West

Reaction score
So I’m 4 days off induction , I’ll be 39+
And I’m TERRIFIED.
This is third baby, I was induced with 1st and natural with 2nd.
1st baby induction was 48 hours , had all 3 pessaries and the drip and it was the most pain I’ve ever experienced in my life.
Second was a doddle apart from complications of him getting stuck.

Has anyone been induced with third not far off due date ?
I’m hoping for my other children’s sake as well as myself and baby that it’s quick and I’m home before the weekend!

argghhh

Hey, I was induced with 3 of mine. My 3rd took 12 hours to get going but once it did she was born in 40 minutes. I don't labour (nothing until my waters go at fully dilated) good luck mama x

Hi hun no experience on a 3rd baby, but I did have one on my second after having my first naturally! It was an amazing experience for me, I had the pessary put in around 10 or 11pm (times may be off it had been over 5 years lol) started contracting instantly, not any more painful than they were going into labour naturally, however I got stuck at 4cms, broke my waters and one push baby was out! Labour was 2 hours 20 mins start to finish, I delivered baby at 3.04am and preferred it to a naturally starting labour! You hear so many horror stories of inductions, please take mine as a positive one, as I enjoyed it and wish I was getting induced again. I think knowing baby was coming helped me along too, as I like to plan down to last minuite :haha: you will be fine hun!

Oh and I was 39+6 :)X

Last edited:
I’ve had 3 inductions - the first sounds a lot like your first. Second easier and much quicker -2 hours approx labour. 3rd induction took a little while - 6 hours - to kick in. Established labour was 25 mins, 1 push, no tears etc.

good luck

Madison was my third I was induced at 37 weeks tho she had iugr . From start to of pictocin to her being born was 19 hours . I went 16 hours without an epidural was in so much pain for 2 hours of the last 16 i ended up getting the epidural . She came out with 2 pushes .

3 inductions here....3rd i had contractions for a few hours but no change...i was 3cm at 1.30pm and he was born at 2.35pm. So was pretty quick once i got going properly. No worse than my previous 2 inductions.

I was only induced with #3. On my edd. I went in 3cm at 7am ish. Dd2 was born 930pm perfectly. I had pitocin. Vba2c.

Ymmv

Hey, I was induced with 3 of mine. My 3rd took 12 hours to get going but once it did she was born in 40 minutes. I don't labour (nothing until my waters go at fully dilated) good luck mama x

Thank you hun! I love hearing the positive ones because induction can be so so negative!! X

Hi hun no experience on a 3rd baby, but I did have one on my second after having my first naturally! It was an amazing experience for me, I had the pessary put in around 10 or 11pm (times may be off it had been over 5 years lol) started contracting instantly, not any more painful than they were going into labour naturally, however I got stuck at 4cms, broke my waters and one push baby was out! Labour was 2 hours 20 mins start to finish, I delivered baby at 3.04am and preferred it to a naturally starting labour! You hear so many horror stories of inductions, please take mine as a positive one, as I enjoyed it and wish I was getting induced again. I think knowing baby was coming helped me along too, as I like to plan down to last minuite :haha: you will be fine hun!

Oh and I was 39+6 :)X

Omg I need this to happen to me haha!!
I’m dreading it so so so much but your story has made me feel more positive about it.
I just hope it’s nice and quick, with no drama haha!! X

I’ve had 3 inductions - the first sounds a lot like your first. Second easier and much quicker -2 hours approx labour. 3rd induction took a little while - 6 hours - to kick in. Established labour was 25 mins, 1 push, no tears etc.

good luck

Thank you hun! 6 hours would be fine by me if established labour was only 25 mins haha! These are some lovely stories but I have a gut feeling it’ll be long and dragged out.

Its only been 2 years since my last birth so I’m hopeful it’ll be a little easier, but we will see!
X

Madison was my third I was induced at 37 weeks tho she had iugr . From start to of pictocin to her being born was 19 hours . I went 16 hours without an epidural was in so much pain for 2 hours of the last 16 i ended up getting the epidural . She came out with 2 pushes .

Oh no this was like my first! I had an epidural because I couldn’t take the pain!! I was hoping with third baby it’ll be easier haha xx

I’ve just realised replying to everyone individually will take forever so I’ll thank everyone in this post haha!

I’m hoping it’ll be an easy quick labour, fingers crossed!!!! I’m so nervous xx

It was so quick! I'm hoping for it to maybe not be as quick this time, but my body was well and truly ready to evict my son! Lol i did hemorrhage afterwards, but they managed to remove my placenta there and then skipped going to theatre, but by this point the birth was over with anyway and I had my baby here! So it wasn't without complications but in the grand scheme of things, I'd take the induction over a birth that starts naturally :) I'm so excited for you x

Hi hon I was given the passery and it took 16 hours for me to get to 4 cm. They then put me on a drip and when that got going I went from 4cm to pushing baby out in 2 hours and 10 mins.
It was just that first 16 hours that was hard.
I was given the passery at 11am and within about 3 hours I started contracting they got to 3 mins apart but was told it wasnt real contractions because I wasnt dilating. And they were only lasting about a minute.
They fizzled out and then half and hour later at 5:30pm started getting contractions again but these ones were lasting much longer. 2 mins and over they started off at 15 mins apart then 12 10 8 5 3 then 2.
Midwife examined me at midnight and I was still only 3 cms.
Then I was checked again at around 3am and was 4cm 5:30am I was 6cm and knackered because I had been labouring all night. Midwife went out the room and came back and I told her I feel like I need to push she laughed because she said she had not long just checked and I was only a 6. But I was like no I really need to push. So she checked again and I was 10cm. 10 mins later he was out at 6:25am

The worst part for me was the passery becaus the edges of it scratch inside ure cervix and it feels very uncomfortable and painful when u walk around.
And when ure induced u have to do alot of walking to get things going.
I kept thinking it was the babies head about ti come out but midwife told me no it's just the passery it has sharp edges and scratches inside.
Found it better when I sat on the ball. It was mainly when walking about it hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->