Third pregnancy, different father, totally different symptoms

kneeswrites

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
So long story short, i have been with my boyfriend since May and ended my toxic marriage with my ex in July. I didn't cheat, it started as a poly triad. There was a bunch of drama obviously and my ex took our kids back to Nashville (our hometown, I am in Pittsburgh 8 hours away).

Whelp, I am now 9 weeks pregnant. Not ideal timing but I have adjusted and I am excited. But this pregnancy is totally debilitating.

There were a lot of differences between my first two pregnancies. But they were mostly similar they felt similar, had similar symptoms Etc. This one by my boyfriend is totally different. I'm really fatigued I sleep most of every day and I have debilitating morning sickness. I can't function - if I get in the car I will always throw up. I'm on Zofran but it's not helping very much.

I had a dating ultrasound at exactly 6 weeks and they saw a heartbeat and only one baby so I don't think it's twins or anyting. I just find it weird because with my first two babies I knew I was pregnant before I took a test but this one was a total surprise. And this sickness is like nothing I've ever experienced. Did anyone else ever notice if you had kids by two different fathers the pregnancies were different? Or am I just unlucky this time around...

Also like I said I saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks there was a fetal pole and they said it measured at exactly 6 weeks and had a good heartbeat. I still feel very much pregnant and very ill in fact it's actually gotten worse since then. Also my lactation from my second pregnancy has completely stopped which I know happens during pregnancy. I keep telling myself that all of these things are good signs that the baby is still thriving but because I haven't had proof of that for almost a month I am of course terrified just like all of you. Does anyone have any comforting thoughts about chances of losing a pregnancy after seeing a heartbeat and feeling all of these symptoms? Even though this pregnancy is a surprise and unintentional I of course love it and want this baby in my life now and it would be devastated if that didn't happen so that anxiety is eating me alive just as it always does in the first trimester >_<

Lastly does anyone else have a similar experience? In terms of getting pregnant after ending a long-term relationship. I was with my ex since I was 17, so ten years. It's bizarre to be going through this with a new person but I know he'll be a great dad. So that's not an issue. It just sucks because I feel alone like I can't talk about this with anyone in my life because nobody seems to understand why I broke up my marriage in the first place, the fact that I ended it because I was in an abusive relationship and wanted to be happy. That lack of empathy and understanding and support is really hard on top of how physically demanding and draining this pregnancy has been so far. I have never been so knocked on my butt by the first trimester and I don't really know how to function so any tips would be wonderful.

Sorry for text wall!!

I don't think your symptoms being different from previous pregnancies have anything to do w the guy. I had severe morning sickness in all but one pregnancy and they're all from the same dad. It's just the way our bodies react to the pregnancy hormone and the level of estrogen that rises like crazy during the first trimester. Right now there's no placenta until about 3 months (12-13w) and once that develops the majority of morning sickness dies down or stops altogether. You're more than likely at your peak making it at it's worse right now but it will get better soon. Just try to take it easy as much as possible. If you gotta sleep then sleep. Zofran will eventually help when your body gets used to it. I was on it and didn't feel better til the placenta took over. Right now the corpus luteum cyst is what's helping your pregnancy thrive and shoots out hormones making you feel like crap so to speak.

I'm sorry you don't have support during this time. That's really gotta suck but don't worry about other people. One thing I've learned in my pregnancies was whenever I was unhappy I got sicker. It was the weirdest thing. If he's happy and you're happy then focus on that. Everyone else will either come around eventually or miss out on a beautiful baby. That's their choice to make. Good luck and congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->