This car will be the death of me :(

EllaAndLyla

Earth and Angel mummy!
Reaction score
I've only had it since may this year, fair enough its 11 years old but how do people get away with selling such pieces of crap :cry:

Since Ive had it I've spent over 200 on getting new brakes because the brakes went when I was driving it home 38 weeks pregnant!!! Then it was all fine for a few months after that until the indicators went when I was driving at night time!! I then had my MOT which cost me 250 for new shock absorbers etc.. Got home and my headlights were dim so had to get new bulbs. This was last week... Now, I have just gone to get in the car and it hasn't even started!!!! I had my MOT last week, how could they not notice this fault?! I'm guessing my battery has died!

This is killing me!!! I have already paid out more than I actually bought the car for and I am paying 2000 a year on insurance! Grrrrrr

Sorry, just a bit of a rant

once one thing starts going wrong with cars everything seems to go wrong!

im fairly lucky i only have to pay parts as my dad is a mechanic i dont think i could have a car if he wasnt! £2000 insurance is very high! i only pay £400 for a 1.2 renault clio iv been driving 3 years x

2000 was the cheapest I could get, I'm 18 and have only had a license for nearly a year, I drive a 1.2 fiat punto x

mines always been that (i passed when i was 19) who you with? have you tried having someone on the insurance with you mum/dad/uncle? x

yeah I share the insurance with my mum, I think were on co-op lol x

i really hate how they can charge so much for car insurance.
have a look at ecar.

i used to pay £75 a month. im 23, been driving for 4 years and my car's a 1.3!! so stupid.
so i checked online and if i went with e-car it was only £30 a month!! couldn't believe it.

i think it's because they get you to do a lot of the work ;) but it's worth it.

oh and i know what you mean about cars costing a fortune. i hate them. :( i do hope they change the MOT to every 2 years.

This is the reason why I've put off driving. The prices are extortionate!

oh and i know what you mean about cars costing a fortune. i hate them. :( i do hope they change the MOT to every 2 years.

Even if they did do it once every 2 years it would probably take twice as long and cost twice as much :growlmad:

To the OP, if it's the battery, they are not checked as part of a MOT which is why it wasn't noticed :thumbup:

i know but at least i can worry about that then :haha:
we should have like the spot check thing they do in Spain.

Yep I agree.. Cars cost wayyyyyyy too much money!! I have to book my car in for a service and I hate it. Has me on edge the whole day because I always think they are gonna phone with a massive list of problems :haha:

the thing that annoys me the most - i don't have a clue what they're on about when they tell me something's wrong.

so im just like yeahhh okay. when actually they could be lying completely through their teeth.

I always ask for a report and in english lol..

I had an Astra before this Astra and at 10 months old needed a whole new engine, gearbox and radiator.. It had a common fault which cost thousands of pounds of damage, they fobbed me off trying to say this wasnt covered under the warranty and that wasnt covered and I would have to pay this and that, there was no way on earth I was paying for anything and since then I have requested all paperwork. They soon said that Warranty had granted the money to pay the balance.. Lol..

I see you live in London so public transports plentiful so I'd be inclined to say get rid! I live in Chelmsford and gave my car up as it was just getting too expensive and public transport is good. Best decision I made!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->