This cough is driving me crazy!

Hayleykins05

TTC & Angel Mummy
Reaction score
Hey ladies :)

I've come down with the flu and it's probably the worst I've had it yet, my nose is completely blocked I'm achy and headachey too. But the worst part about it is this persistent cough. I've been to my doctor and he says he can't give me anything for it as it's a viral infection and will 'burn out' but in the meantime I'm getting no sleep and becoming very irritable because of this cough it's driving me nuts! And I've actually pee'd myself a few times as I've coughed it's just embarrassing! Any home remedies etc would be much appreciated :) xxx

I'm coughing and spluttering too... But it's from post nasal drip. Would love a home remedy too! I haven't been to the doctor but I might go on Monday if I see no improvement.

Sleep practically sitting up on a v pillow or just a stack of pillows, put a damp flannel on your radiator to add humidity to your room! It will help stop your throat getting so dry! Try preg safe cough medicine measured out and mixed with hot water! Really seems to soothe your throat! Get better soon! Xx

Sleep practically sitting up on a v pillow or just a stack of pillows, put a damp flannel on your radiator to add humidity to your room! It will help stop your throat getting so dry! Try preg safe cough medicine measured out and mixed with hot water! Really seems to soothe your throat! Get better soon! Xx

Thank you I'll try that :) it's really driving me crazy coughing every two mins xx

My hubby had this and was told to have a hot bath as close as poss to going to bed - it worked a treat! Though guess a hot, hot bath isn't really possible when preg... :-( Another remedy is Vicks on your feet - apparently it works??! Rub the Vicks in and then put socks on! Hope you feel better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->