This is about the 4th thread on the same topic - totally stuck between names!

Boo44

Mummy of 2 boys
Reaction score
It's starting to get to me now, we are the type of people who like to have the name picked (usually we don't know the sex so we have one of each chosen) and ready to go for when we go to hospital.

This time we know the sex and it's ended up making the name harder!

It's down to

Arthur Harry

Or

Henry Arthur

I should probably not second guess myself as Arthur was the one (stop me if I'm boring you I've been through all this before! :dohh:) I know of 3 little Arthurs irl and they are all lovely little boys and children of people I don't know THAT well, but do really like. So no bad associations. I have a feeling my parents don't really like it and although I'm gradually getting over that, it has tainted it for me a bit.

Harry is my dads name I'd really like to honour him.

The other name Henry has always been around number 2 or 3 every time I've had a baby. I've obv never chosen it before. To me it feels a bit like settling HOWEVER it has grown on me recently. What pushes me towards it is that I know that parents and OH really like it. Thing is, OH was very happy with Arthur as well. I just feel like Henry would prob be his favourite... If I choose Henry I can't have Harry as a mn. Which is a shame

I know I could just leave it and 'see which he suits' but I've never done that before and I feel like I'll look at him and panic that I don't know which I like best and still be no further and then feel under pressure to choose!

I know I'm over thinking this but I am crazy pregnant woman so that's my excuse! :haha:

We're in exactly the same position at the moment, have always had our names picked out pretty early on but this time I have 7 weeks to go and we're still swapping to and from names.
Our choice is really between Arthur and Albie as OH doesn't like my other names and vice a versa.

Obviously with Arthur as one of our choices I would choose that out of the two that you have, I do like Henry though, around here it seems a little more popular than Arthur.
Sorry I probably haven't been much help lol :)

Im having a boy name problem aswell.

If it was me id choose arthur henry, sorry for the help :rofl:

I'm the same. I need to know the name way before we get to the hospital. I would go with Arthur as you seem to really love it. Especially as you can then use your dad's name for mn too. I wouldn't let parent's opinion sway you. I nearly threw out Oliver after a family member told me it would be cruel to name DS that but I'm glad I didn't. I know I would have regretted it soooo much.
Both names are lovely though, so I don't think you can go wrong :thumbup:

I personally love Henry, so would chose Henry Arthur.

I think you have more love for Arthur and were only ever put off because of other people being sticky beaks. For that reason I would stick with it.

I prefer Arthur Harry, actually my favourite is Arthur Henry, bu I understand that you want to honour your dad with Harry.

I love Arthur Harry, it flows really nicely :)

Just saw this and thought Id just let you know that Harry is a short form of Henry.
Remember this quote from Shakespeare's Henry V? "Cry — God for Harry! England and Saint George!" The Harry referred to is Henry V. :) Also, Prince Harry is actually Henry.
So maybe you could have Henry and Harry for short? xx

Just saw this and thought Id just let you know that Harry is a short form of Henry.
Remember this quote from Shakespeare's Henry V? "Cry — God for Harry! England and Saint George!" The Harry referred to is Henry V. :) Also, Prince Harry is actually Henry.
So maybe you could have Henry and Harry for short? xx

Thanks angel! Yes I know Harry is a short version of Henry, my only problem with using Harry on its own as a first name is that it is very popular around us, and Jack already has 2 friends called Harry who get 'big Harry' and 'little Harry' so I don't want to add another!

I prefer the name Henry over the name Harry, but for a middle name it would be nice to honour my dad x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->