This is probably 2 stupid questions....

CrazyforYou

Reaction score
If you had sex 4 dpo is it possible to conceive?

And if so...whats the earliest anyone has experienced pregnancy symptoms? :blush:

Do you mean 4 days before O? If so, yes, it's possible...

you wouldnt be able to conceive 4 days past ovulation, the egg only lasts for 24 hours maximum. do you know for sure the date you ovulated?
also please dont take symptoms too seriously, Ive had them all including never-had-before and not been pregnant as pregnancy and period symptoms are practically the same.

Sorry to say it's not very likely at all. The egg only survives 24 hours at the maximum, normally only 12 hours. I'd say your only chance would be if you got the O date wrong.

I can't help with the symptom question, my usual PMS symptoms are like pg symptoms and the one time I was pg (m/c at 5.5 wks) the only difference was morning sickness after AF was overdue.

4 days after ovulation.

Don't know the date for sure but according to online predictions it would have been 22/23. :sex: 27th and 28th.

Thanks for replies :)

4 days after ovulation.

Don't know the date for sure but according to online predictions it would have been 22/23. :sex: 27th and 28th.

Have you charted your temp or used OPK's to confirm the O?

4 days after ovulation.

Have you charted your temp or used OPK's to confirm the O?

No, this is the first month of TTC. Think because of my age (38) I am not convinced it will happen (although all the lovely threads on here are convincing me it may), so I decided I would try to be laid back about the whole thing until I got up this morning and felt sick the whole day up until 6 this evening and so sent myself into a frenzy. :rolleyes: Guessed I was prob being a little optimistic :blush: but thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks ladies x

ok first of all no question is silly or stupid, and to answer your question, its not possible to get pg 4 dpo, however since your not temping you dont know for sure when you O'd, so yes you do have a chance. Second, and i know this from experiance, never ever trust your symptoms :haha: I have been pg 4 times, all 4 were different, and the one that went the longest, i have not one symptom at all!! Each cycle i get all these crazy things, i have learned to just ignore them, the only thing you can trust for sure is a temp rise that stays up, and a positive pg test lol. I swear as soon as our bodies know we are TTC all heck breaks loose and you get every pg symptom lol. Good luck, and hey you never know, you might just get lucky the first time. :happydance:

I'm 38 too (for 2 more weeks) and as far as I'm concerned it WILL happen! Don't listen to all that baloney about 35+ being too old. We've had 9 BFP's on this board this month, and 6 last month and they were all gals older than 35. Up to 44 if I remember correctly. So it can happen. And if you haven't charted temps or used OPK's then you don't really know when you O'd. My guess, based on what you've written here is your O is being predicted based on your cycle length. If that's the only info the site you're using asked for then it's predicting your O date based on the common misconception that all women O on day 14. I can tell you that's not true. I've been charting for 4 months now and I O'd on day 12 or day 15. Not once on day 14!

There's nothing wrong with taking a laid back approach, all this temping, checking CM, using OPK's etc can make it seem like you're over doing it but IMO it's also very reassuring. For one it can tell you if your are actually ovulating. Sometimes women have cycles in which they don't O, using these methods can confirm that you did. It also pinpoints the exact day you O so that you can time BD correctly. If you're interested in going that route I recommend the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" (I should be collecting royalties for the amount of times I've recommended this book :haha:) and using the free software on the related site and/or using the Fertility Friend site, it has similar charting software and lessons on how to use it. And there's plenty of info and support right here! GL and babydust!
:dust:

As the rest of the ladies have said, 4dpo is too late.

As far as pregnancy symptoms goes, if you read literature, the symptoms of pms and pregnancy sound very similar. But, they don't necessarily 'feel' similar, if that makes sense.

I knew that I was pregnant each time before I tested positive at 11dpo (although, once I was in denial, lol). With my third baby, I had morning sickness at 4weeks 1day, and yes, I was positive of my ovulation/conception date.

Good luck!

No, this is the first month of TTC. Think because of my age (38) I am not convinced it will happen (although all the lovely threads on here are convincing me it may), so I decided I would try to be laid back about the whole thing until I got up this morning and felt sick the whole day up until 6 this evening and so sent myself into a frenzy. :rolleyes: Guessed I was prob being a little optimistic :blush: but thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks ladies x

honestly most of my 'friends' on here who get bfps barely have any symptoms. and I think its pretty rare to see sickness so early on, that would usually happen in general after a missed period. I found my first few months I was quite convinced I was pregnant from symptoms but now I barely notice anything. you are definitely not too old! if I may recommend... use ovulation sticks and temping....that way you have a warning BEFORE ovulation comes to BD and then temps should confirm ovulation. good luck!!!

I'm 38 too (for 2 more weeks) and as far as I'm concerned it WILL happen! Don't listen to all that baloney about 35+ being too old. We've had 9 BFP's on this board this month, and 6 last month and they were all gals older than 35. Up to 44 if I remember correctly. So it can happen. And if you haven't charted temps or used OPK's then you don't really know when you O'd. My guess, based on what you've written here is your O is being predicted based on your cycle length. If that's the only info the site you're using asked for then it's predicting your O date based on the common misconception that all women O on day 14. I can tell you that's not true. I've been charting for 4 months now and I O'd on day 12 or day 15. Not once on day 14!

There's nothing wrong with taking a laid back approach, all this temping, checking CM, using OPK's etc can make it seem like you're over doing it but IMO it's also very reassuring. For one it can tell you if your are actually ovulating. Sometimes women have cycles in which they don't O, using these methods can confirm that you did. It also pinpoints the exact day you O so that you can time BD correctly. If you're interested in going that route I recommend the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" (I should be collecting royalties for the amount of times I've recommended this book :haha:) and using the free software on the related site and/or using the Fertility Friend site, it has similar charting software and lessons on how to use it. And there's plenty of info and support right here! GL and babydust!
:dust:

:hi: Hi there! -

I agree with Lyvid. I'm 37yrs old will be 38 in 4mo. No silly questions, yes it CAN happen & no there is nothing wrong with a laid back approach however; it would potentially make things easier (peace of mind) if you had better knowledge of when you are actually ovulating. The body is a funny thing and doesn't always work on cue no matter how young or old you are. I've come to find like many TTC that online ovulation calendars really are not the best confirmers of ovulation. Good luck with this wonderful journey, hope you get your BFP soon!:dust:

Wanted to add that I've been gradually adding more and more to my 'arsenal'! I started for 6 months NTNP, then tried 2 months of timing it when I thought was the right time. Then read the book and started temping. Added Pre-seed the next month. Last month we added Maca for DH and Instead cups after BD. This cycle I'll be using OPK's and trying the SMEP. I figure each cycle I'll try something new, one of these days something is gonna work! I feel very reassured as I know I ovulate each month, my charts are beautifully biphasic and my luteal phase is long enough. It's like doing a little fertility diagnosis without having to see a Dr!

Thank you so much for all the replies :)

I should probably mention that I have 3 children already. All teenagers. Have been a lone parent for 8 years and now starting all over again with my partner of 3.5 years. Difference was when i had my children I was young and very blase about the whole falling pregnant thing. :blush: Whereas this time around I am going into the whole thing with a totally different attitude.

I really appreciate all the advice from everyone and hope to talk to you all loads more. Think I will prob leave it to fate for the next couple of months then if nothing happens will look into following your suggestions, temping etc.

Thank you for making me feel welcome and it goes without saying I hope we all fulfill our hopes and dreams in the coming weeks and months :happydance:
xx

4 days after ovulation.

What are the predictions based on? If its just taking half of your cycle length it could be way off. How long are your cycles? If you have 28 day cycles, and the ov date is based on day 14, if you didn't ovulate until day 18 or later you probably will have other issues- a short luteal phase.

4 days after ovulation.

What are the predictions based on? If its just taking half of your cycle length it could be way off. How long are your cycles? If you have 28 day cycles, and the ov date is based on day 14, if you didn't ovulate until day 18 or later you probably will have other issues- a short luteal phase.

Hi, yea it was just based on taking half of my cycle length. My cycle is 28 days. So i may have ovulated later than I thought?
What is the luteal phase? :blush:

Thanks x

Hi, yea it was just based on taking half of my cycle length. My cycle is 28 days. So i may have ovulated later than I thought?
What is the luteal phase? :blush:

Thanks x

The luteal phase (LP) is the time period from ovulation to the end of your cycle, the days that make up the DPO. It's normally 12-16 days long and is fairly consistent each month (mine is 13-14 days). If you have a LP that is shorter than 12 days you may have problems conceiving as it may not be long enough for implantation to occur. Implantation generally occurs between 6-12 DPO so it is still possible with a shorter LP but it's one of the things that meds can correct. You won't know what your LP is unless you confirm O with OPK's or temping, the prediction based on half your cycle length isn't accurate enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->