This is why i hate double-decker buses...

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by princess_vix, Dec 16, 2009.

1. princess_vix

princess_vix Guest

2. Whoppy-pop

Whoppy-pop Amelia-Rose

Eeeekkkk that's terrifying!!!!!!!!! It had never even entered my mind that this would happen. It's so obvious now looking at those pics. SCARY!

3. princess_vix

princess_vix Guest

Yeh and the fact they are open-roofed...a few times i have nearly been hit by on-coming branches.....

Plus even when the roofs of branches always hit the windows..there was one case of the same bus having the top of it's roof sliced off by a branch!! :O

4. Whoppy-pop

Whoppy-pop Amelia-Rose

That's it Amelia is never going to catch a double decker bus to high school! Seriously I never even thought about it

5. princess_vix

princess_vix Guest

i'm not trying to scare anyone but i think thsign of them are rubbish...i mean tree branchs hit the glass forgod sake!! its ridiculous

6. skippy

skippy Got my furbabies :)

OMG! This is the bus I see when I go down to swanage during the summer...holy jesus, I was planning to go on it this summer!

7. princess_vix

princess_vix Guest

yeh the number 50,bournemouth to swanage...never again!!!!!!!!! i msee it everyday and it gives me the heebejibbiesss

8. skippy

aah thats terrifying!!! glad no-one was hurt!!

9. princess_vix

princess_vix Guest

I'm amazed..it could've crushed somebody...but maybe i worry to much..i ean i still catch double decker but usually only sit at the bottom at the back near emergency door and back window....i will occasionally sit upstairs if with OH and no baby,just to reassure myself it's safe...LOL

10. skippy

i don't think i could sit upstairs! i'd be so terrified!! but now i've started thinking about it can't wait to come down to swanage again, lol!

11. Tegans Mama

Tegans Mama home edding mum of 2

Wow I don't blame you for not going on it hun, scary!!

12. suzib76

suzib76 Well-Known Member

seriously? you are all blaming the bus, tragic accident yes, but not caused by any mechanical or driver fault on the part of the bus

the bus collided with 2 cars which had already crashed on a bend so cant really see whay you would never use a double decker again - fairt enough if it was a problem due to the bus being a decker but it wasnt

13. Dizzy321

Dizzy321 very proud mammy to 3!

OMG how scary!!!

14. kiwimama

kiwimama Soon to be family of 4!

I agree - totally scary but just a freak accident. I remember loving going in a double decker bus as a kid - we don't have the open top ones here and only went in the decker ones very occasionally on school trips. I can't deny Ella that excitement and thrill of going on a double decker! It's much more likely your child will be in a car accident than a an accident with a double decker bus!

15. princess_vix

princess_vix Guest

hang on a minute can you quote any point where i said i blame the bus driver?
    And yes this was a freak accident but what about tree branches the sliced the roof of the bus a few years back?

I didn't say i don't ever use the double decker bus i just said is makes me wary.

Don't quite understand why,but your post seemed attitudey

16. skippy

lol, had to laugh at the thought of a bus being offended..:haha:

17. princess_vix

princess_vix Guest

hha blaming the bus!! maybe i'll never step on a bus again because of it..i'm sorry but i don't remember mentioning it was the poor old buses fault or the bus drviers :S

Just said i don't particulay like double deckers...we all have our own opinions and fears so why take the mick or make out im being stupid?

18. skippy

exactly, just a bit cautious because i see this exact bus when i go down to swanage and now its in a heap in a ditch....

19. princess_vix

princess_vix Guest

these things happen i understand that...but maybe i just like to be cautious and try and keep myself and my child as safe as possible?

I don'tsee why people come on this type of subject and try and start some argument...it's hardly something to start one on...dear god!!

20. suzib76

suzib76 Well-Known Member

ok, i never ment to cause an argument and certainly wont be drawn into one
    but to point out your OP said that you didnt like double deckers for that reason, and you would willingly wait half an hour for a single - all i did was say the reason for the accident was not the bus

as for your above comment
    "I don't see why people come on this type of subject and try and start some argument...it's hardly something to start one on...dear god!!"
    i can assure you i genuinely have never deliberatly tried to start an argument on a thread in my life, replying to threads on forums is all about opinion and i really didnt expect such a hostile reaction for voicing my opinion about a bus

however as i said above i will not be drawn into an argument either so on that note............................