this seems too much!

Weenie19

Reaction score
Hi

so basically Im a lone parent who works 19hrs per week. I called the tax office and told them. My new annual salary is around £9,800.

They have deducted £3000 ish for the Sat maternity pay I recieved and have therefore adjusted my tax credits accordingly for the new tax year starting in April 2013

Before this, whilst on Mat leave, I was getting around £134PW. As of April I will getting around £170PW.

Does this seem right to you? I'm amazed its gone up as I am back at work. If these figures are correct I will be taking home more per month now than when I was working full time.

HELP PLEASE

Have you told them about child care you are paying for?

Hi thanks for replying

I dont pay for childcare - I have famioly who do it for me. This is why I thought the payments were too high?

It is probably because you were on mat leave in the tax year 12-13 if you were? Thus 13-14 will be based on last year, but they will reduce again in April 2014?

I had this when I returned to work. When you get them your award ring them and give them your estimated earnings for 13/14 and ask that they adjust your payments accordingly to avoid a nice overpayment. They did this for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->