This time someone did say the right thing...

smdon

Reaction score
Today I'm going through my second miscarriage. It's happening as I type this. I'm completely overwhelmed with grief. However, my mother said something this morning that really resonated with me; it was able to cut through my pain a bit and I wanted to share. For privacy sake, I will call my DH Joe. Joe is a first born and his mother had three miscarriages before she had him. So this morning I said to my mom, "Joe's mom had three losses in a row before she had him." My mom's response was - "Well thank goodness she did! If she hadn't, we wouldn't have Joe." And as much suffering as his mother must have gone through, and as much suffering as these two losses are causing us, my mom is right. And I hope that one day I will look at my first born and feel that kind of gratitude. Love to all of you. :hugs:

im sorry for your loss.

When we lost Raymond, at first people said that " oh he gave his life to save his sister", but i didnt want to hear it. Now, years later, it made me feel a bit better.

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my first 2 in Aug and Dec 2010. I found out I was pregnant with my rainbow in May 2011 and he was born Jan 2012. Sending hugs.

I said exactly the same thing to my husband last night as I was going through my 2nd MC. I said, no matter how many miscarriages we go through, when we eventually hold our baby the upset and heartache will all seem worth it. (Not saying by any means a miscarriage is worth it but you get what I'm saying) all the best with TTC xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->