Thomas arrives 09/09/08

aj2000

Reaction score
Our little boy, Thomas was born on Tuesday 9th Sep at 2.56am weighing 6lb11oz and perfect.

Our birth experience was as follows:

'Early labour' started at 2am on Monday 8th with mild contractions - like strong period pains lasting 30 secs and coming every 5-8 mins. I was told by the hospital on the phone to wait until things became more intense.

By 5pm I was getting a bit impatient as nothing seemed to be progressing. I rang my MW who said she'd pop by between 6-630 and have a look. I was on my TENs machine which was very soothing, like a massage.

Shortly after speaking to MW, say by 6pm, things got much more intense - hooray! I was leaning over a chair moaning with each contraction. Then - woosh: waters everywhere. When MW came she sent me straight to hospital.

Got to hospital about 7.30 and just under 3cm. Contractions were coming about every 2-3mins and getting more intense: I couldn't walk around anymore. Baby had pooed so they put a clip on his head to monitor his heart.

On getting to my room I was 4cm and then I seemed to go from 4cm to 7cm in the blink of an eye. At this point I started sucking gas - marvelous stuff! Then next thing I knew I was at 8-9cm and screaming with each contraction. I wasn't scared though, it just helped to let the pain out by making a noise. At this point I asked for an epi.

The epi took four attempts to get it in right but I'm not scared of needles and it didn't hurt so this was no problem. Once in - wow, really good stuff. I think the hospital staff were also pleased to shut me up, ha ha.

I then had to wait a while as it was taking a while to get fully dilated. Think it was about 1am at this point. I was then told that baby would be born in theatre as the poo was upsetting him. They took some blood from his head to check that he could still be born virginally which, luckily, he could.

In theatre I got loads more drugs put in to numb me properly in case of C section. There were about 10 people there and I was passed back and forth like pass the parcel, v strange. My hubby was dressed all in blue gowns, v sexy! I pushed Thomas out quite easily and had some help from a ventouse. They also cut me but I didn't realise at the time.

Thomas was delivered at 2.56am onto me and his face was all screwed up and he wailed loudly - utterly adorable!

After they had to remove the placenta by hand but I wasn't really aware of this either.

I felt fine again by 3 days after so no horrible recovery despite the tricky bits.

I would say to anyone about to give birth that it doesn't have to be scary. We had a few complications but were still calm and positive throughout and the moment Thomas arrived was a wonderful one.

Congrats hun! I'd been wondering where u'd got to and presumed u'd had him. Hope Lil Thomas and you are doing well x

Two of my boys were born on 9/9, 13 years apart...he has a great b-day!! Congrats!!!

Congrats, you did really well and stayed so calm despite everything. Go you! x

Congratulations! I'm glad it was a positive experience for you despite the complications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->