Those of you still babywearing at 1 year and above...

redpoppy

Reaction score
Shame on you! :haha:

Not really!!!! :winkwink::winkwink::winkwink::mrgreen:

Wanted to know what carriers you use and recommend and why. Especially those who wear their babies for long walks or for long time periods throughout the day.

Mine's only 5 months but I want to move up form the moby to something less stretchy and more supportive.

Thanks ladies!
:hugs:

Q isn't 1 yet but we're getting a babyhawk, it's a mei tai style carrier with padded straps, they can go into a back carry easier than a wrap too.

Q isn't 1 yet but we're getting a babyhawk, it's a mei tai style carrier with padded straps, they can go into a back carry easier than a wrap too.

Thanks! :flower:

I know which carriers are available i was just hoping for some experienced users to tell me which ones work for them. I'm a little unsure of the shoulder straps for the baby hawk. Let me know how you get on though!

will do! :thumbsup:

can't be any worse than my bjorn.

I did try on a baby hawk and found i needed longer straps (on special order) but it was quiet comfy, however i only wore it 10mins max.

I still use my babyhawk, rarely with Hayden now, he's too busy but well past a year, only recently have we pretty much stopped

will do! :thumbsup:

can't be any worse than my bjorn.

I did try on a baby hawk and found i needed longer straps (on special order) but it was quiet comfy, however i only wore it 10mins max.

The bjorn is great for about seven minutes exactly! :blush: That's what I found anyway.

I do love my moby but want something non stretchy and maybe a bit more support wouldn't go amiss.

daise 1 year in precisely 8 days (haha) dpes that count?? lol ..i use ......

An Ellaroo woven wrap
Buba Wrap (which is a wrap tie) but its not supportive enough so i'm putting it away for #2 :)
Ringsling and pouch for hip carries :)

i'm also on the look out for a Mai Tai too :) HTH's

sara

xxxxx

Imis not 1 yet but she's pretty big and i have a mai tai and a connecta. TBH i'm struggling with both. I would love to be able to use it for back carries but cannot get either of us comfortable with either sling :(

oh just realised you wanted to know why i use what lol.......

Ellaroo is supportive and is great for back carries....tho some people dont get on with them, they are fairly thin so dont make you too hot but if you dont get them on right they can cut a bit.......tho its my first wrap woven so its all i know and i think it has helped to make me wrap properly:D

the bubba wrap is great but the straps are thin and it can sag a bit but i think daisy is too heavy for it

the slings are great for quick up and down carries if i am just popping to the shop or if daisy is in a nosey mood and wants to have a good nose :) xoxo

Imis not 1 yet but she's pretty big and i have a mai tai and a connecta. TBH i'm struggling with both. I would love to be able to use it for back carries but cannot get either of us comfortable with either sling :(

have you tried a woven wrap hun??

I personally dont as my little boy isnt 1 yet. But i have a friend that babywears her 1 year old.

She used an Ellaroo wrap, Girasol Wrap, 2 Gypsymama wraps, a Mei Tai she made and a Didymos too!

So pretty much anything lol!

x

I use a mei tai and have found it great, very supportive, easy to put on. I haven't done many back carries as I haven't been brave enough but really need to do more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->