Those of you that have cats..

Reaction score
What food do you use?

My kitten (well, I say kitten she's just turned one) is a fussy little mare..

When we got her she was being fed on whiskers kitten food so I carried that on but she had really loose poo all the time so when I took her to the vets for her first lot of jabs she gave me some Royal Canin weaning food to use. Had no problems with it.. When she was old enough I changed her to the Royal Canin Kitten food 36.. which she loved and tbh this food did smell lush :lol: So I could see why she liked it.

However, now she's over a year old she obviously can't have it because it says upto 12 months on the packet. So I imagine it's not advisable? I changed her to Royal Canin Neutered young Female (gradually), no interest! Changed her to Royal Canin Exigent Aromatic Attraction, which smells kinda nice too (lol) and she ate it for about 3 weeks and now turns her nose up at that :dohh:

Was thinking about changing to another brand but not sure what to do! Any ideas as I'm paranoid I'll give her a dodgy stomach.

If I offered her that Royal Canin kitten food again though I can garentee she'd wolf it down within a second haha!

x

cats can be a finicky at change, the only thing I can suggest is switching back to kitten food for now and gradually mixing the new food in with it until she's only having the new food :flower:

I don't have cats but my mum does and one of them suffers really bad allergic reactions to all cat food - except James Wellbeloved Kitten the fish one. The vet told us it was fine to still give them both kitten so that the allergic one didn't eat the others food and have a reaction so I'd just ask them what the difference is between the kitten and adult variety and explain the kitten is the only one she will eat will she be ok on it x

Thanks!

I'll buy another bag of the kitten food and keep her on that for now then as at least I know she'll eat that one. She's got her vaccination booster due in August so I'll mention that about the food Jade--x, see what they say/suggest :thumbup:

x

my cat is sooooo fussy!

she will only eat pouches (i dont know what the difference between a tin and a pouch is!!!)

and it has to be kitekat or tesco own cat food!!

she will eat any biscuits but wont touch any other meat!!

i have no advice but would ask the vet what the difference between the adult one and kitten is xx

Pangur would only eat Royal canin kitten food, and biscuits. He now has maine coon royal canin biscuits and goumet pouches!

We have three cats and all three of them eat different brands! It's a night mare and expensive. One has cystitis and a dodgy digestive system so can only have a certain type of cat food (i forget the name) otherwise she can't go to the toilet, one has felix and the other whiskers.

Have you tried a high meat content food like Applaws dried food? It is quite expensive, but it goes go a long way. You can use the Applaws wet food with it too, which looks like 'human' tinned tuna or chopped up chicken, it's not like cat food at all. you can get it at Pets At Home.

Fish 4 Cats is good too, but you might need to get that online.

https://www.fish4dogs.com/Products/Finest-fish-4-cats.aspx

Both much better quality that Royal Canin, IMO, much higher meat/fish content.

Maybe mix a bit of the kitten food in with the adult food instead of switching straight back-
My cat will eat ANYTHING, my dog on the other hand? Straight PRINCESS :wacko:

My cats are fussy. You are meant to mix in the food and not do a straight swap, it's not good for their tummies.

Go to pets at home and ask which ones you can bring back if they don't like it, there are about 3 you can do it. I've done it before.

My two girls are on Purina One, and they can't get enough of it. You get this one at supermarket.

My cats are fussy. You are meant to mix in the food and not do a straight swap, it's not good for their tummies.

Go to pets at home and ask which ones you can bring back if they don't like it, there are about 3 you can do it. I've done it before.

My two girls are on Purina One, and they can't get enough of it. You get this one at supermarket.

We've used this in emergencies (used to live very rurally) and she does love it, but it makes her poo absolutely stink. :wacko:

Our cat will eat anything..she is a half bred dog I swear,i even caught her..god knows how she got them..trot past me with a packet of super noodles in her mouth!lol..the dog is the fussy one..xx

We tried loads, cheapy cheap and expensive. Asda's Tiger brand is all she'll eat :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->