• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Those of you with air filled tyres

Mama Duck

Reaction score
You will absolutely love this product! No more punctures and 100 times better than the sludge that you put into the inner tubes. This will really be the answer to all your annoying punctures! My dh brought me these to go into my Urban Detour. Best money he's ever spent - and I'm happy too. Bonus! Mine cost approx £22.50 with £5 postage (I even got them to fit them free of charge as mine were the first ones to be sold and they needed a guinea pig to test them out on but I expect charges will be applied etc). You will need the 'centipede' ones for a 3 wheeler etc. Also,if your size does'nt appear on the chart just give them a call x

https://www.bluetube.biz/bluetube.htm

what size would you need for the phil & teds vibe? i'm lost!!!

Hi hun,look on the actual tyre it will tell you on there. My Urban Detour has 12" wheels. I'm pretty sure P&T's are the same size x

(the tyre size for mine is 12 1/2 x 1.75 x 2 1/4)

thankyou, they sound great, it was putting me off getting the vibe pushchair but now i'm definately going to order it. thanks again x

I can't recommend them enough - they are truely brilliant! There are fitting instructions on the website. If you do buy them you'll be sent 9 sections (3 for each tyre). You have to take off the tyre,remove the inner tube,fit the 3 section snugly and then put the trye back onto the rim. Obviously you no longer need inner tubes which is the best thing. I must admit that my Urban Detour does'nt seem any heavier - I can still push it with one hand and carry shopping! It's great knowing that I'll never get another puncture again too x

ive just ordered a phil & teds vibe today so going to order these as soon as it arrives & i can double check the tyre size.

Wooohoooooo - I can guarantee these will be the best purchase you'll ever buy hun. I could bang on about them for ever (and probably will!). Let me know how you find them hun - push the Vibe with the normal inner tubes and see if you notice the difference.

There's one place on the way to taking the boys to school that's normally got glass on (I don't drive and there's no other 'easy' way to get them there) - I've lost count of the amount of times I've had punctures and @ £9 per new inner tube myself & dh were getting pretty fed up with me complaining . . . I must admit I'm very smug now when I see other mums pushing 3 wheelers knowing I will never get another puncture ever again but they will hehe. It's also weird knowing I don't have to avoid glass now (although I still swerve when I see it) and I still admit I do have to stop myself from checking the tyres for punctures - I guess old habits die hard etc

Sorry for the long waffle. Enjoy puncture free pushing x

it says on my phil & teds tyre....300x55 ???? thats all it says

still havent been able to get hold of them, they never answer the phone!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr keep trying them hun. Sorry,that's all I can suggest but here's hoping you get them in time for when your new baby arrives (which I think you would do once you get hold of them x)

well as you know the solid inner tubes dont fit my phil & teds vibe. We managed (after hours of internet shopping) to find a plastic/rubber strip that you can buy from cycles uk, it goes between the innertube & tyre & is almost impossible to get a puncture with, trust me i tried to stick a drawing pin through it lol!! it cost us £14.99 & the shop fitted it for free!! I am very happy as you still have the comfort of pumped up tyres but without the hassle of punctures! Just thought id mention this just incase your wheels are awkward sizes as these are cut to any wheel size.

We have just gone through pretty much two sets of Phil & Teds tyres - not the inner tube but the actual rubber tyres!

They seem extremely thin (when new) and it doesn't take that much use for them to become unusable.

We now have to try and find a solution or sell the pram as we need a pram of some sort, it keeps us busy and lets us go about walking.

I've read a bit on here about you're troubles with Vibe tyres or alternatives to them and would love to learn more about the solutions and whether this type of thing would work or be available here in Australia?

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->