Those who are Formula feeding....

PrincessJJ

Reaction score
I didn't get on very well with BF my first so I think I'm likely to be just formula feeding this little one, as long as she isn't premature.

What milk are others intending to use for baby? I have no idea which to buy, there seems to be so many different brands.

Xxx thanks in advance xxX

They are all pretty much the same. I would pick what you know is available near you at your nearest convenience shop

I used cow and gate on the first no problem

Second was born premature and picked up a hospital infection at 12hrs old. They changed her onto aptimal. She came home on that and was constantly spewing. Both my kids had reflux but the aptimal was insane. Tried everything from SMA to prescription formula. Changed back to cow and gate and she settled.

I will be going to cow and gate in hospital and onto comfort when we get home.
You waste some money on formula trying to find the right one. We spent over 300 on my second child with wasted formula. Never mind all the different types of bottles.

I used cow and gate with my first. Planned to do the sake thus time however its day 8 and I'm still bf (this is better than last time) so currently carrying on with it but the cow and gate is on the side in the kitchen.

I'm cow n gate as well. I have tubs waiting to go.

Cow and gate here too. It's weird to me how some babies settle with cow and gate and some with aptamil when they're made by the same company (danone) and have the same ingredients, I wonder what it is!

My midwife first time round recommended aptimal as even though she said they're made by same company, aptimal contains one extra ingredient which aids with digestion. Can't remember the name but from then on my son fed really well and remained on it until he started drinking cows milk so il be trying aptimal again this time, although you never really know what will suit them until you try xxx

DH and I are total saddos and stood in Boots one day comparing the ingredients of Aptimal and Cow and Gate to try and work out why Cow and Gate is nearly £2 cheaper. The answer is THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE lol. They are even made in the same building lol.

So it is Cow and Gate all the way for us too! xx

I'll be getting whatever's on offer as they're pretty much the same.

I used cow & gate with ds and if i dont get on with bf this time i'l use it again
Xx

I used SMA Gold with dd as that's what they provided whilst I was in hospital. I plan to use the same this time and have bought a tub ready :)

HIPP organic here. My daughter started off on SMA in the hospital, but it seemed to make her reflux worse. After researching online I came to the conclusion that aptamil is exactly the same as SMA but about £2 extra per tub. I read about HIPP organic, and when we tried it her reflux seemed to improve well. I got it in Tescos. It also smelled a lot better than the SMA - it kinda turned me!

Same situation here with breastfeeding - had a tough time first time round, so pretty sure I'll formula feed this time from the get-go.

I am not formula feeding but I have a lot of experience with it with my first. I used to think they were "all the same" but once I had to sift through the back labels of 50 billion brands (first child had severe reflux and intolerances) I found they were not. Yes, they all legally contain the proper amount of nutrients/carb-fat-protein balances but ingredients can vary. For example, many Enfamil brands (Enfamil here in North America) have corn syrup solids as their first ingredient. Many organic brands will use brown rice syrup.

If those things matter to you (they do to some, not to others) then it's a good idea to compare labels. I had to do this with my 1st. With my 2nd, he has had like 3 bottles in his life, so I just used the cheaper local Walmart brand.

If I ff this one (unable to bf first time, trying again but not hopeful!) then we will use aptimil x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->