Those who don't eat meat often

baby09

Reaction score
What meals do you have if u don't eat meat often? I find myself planning a meal around the meat. Never really have a meal without it!

So what dishes do you do that doesn't revolve around meat?

:flower:

things like pasta, homemade pizza, veggie kebabs, rice based dishes like risotto, baked potatoes and salad.

Risotto, stir fry, baked potatoes, veg chilli, pasta, homemade soup and bread, egg curry, macaroni cheese, black bean chilli.

See we eat all those but with meat aswell :haha: maybe I just won't add meat xxx

I like pasta and I add beans such as kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils and a tomato based sauce. x

My husband is veggie and i use a lot of veggie mince and quorn products to replace meat in our meals. I also buy tubs of nice curry sauce rom the local deli and just put lots of different veg in - potato, cauliflower, peas, carrots, mushrooms etc xx

Defo jacket potatoes, you can have whatever you want on them :)

Curry, can be easily done without adding meat.

Bolognese, lasagne is just as nice using veggie mince (I've fed it to hardened carnivores in the past and they haven't even noticed! :lol:)

Macaroni cheese, pasta bakes.

Omelettes... Spanish omelette is a winner in this house - sautee onions, garlic and thin sliced potatoes till cooked, then add seasoned beaten eggs and cook (we finish it off under the grill with a bit of grated cheese on top :D)

We often have simple meals of egg and chips, egg on toast, lots of things with egg (I've made quiche a few times) as we always have plenty of lovely eggs from our chickens :p)

Home made pizza is good too like Blah said. We do the dough in the bread maker, shop bases are good for convenience :flower:

Veggie stir frys are lovely, whatever veggies you like with some soy sauce or whatever, served with noodles or rice.

Quorn products (or supermarket equivalents) are really good. DH sometimes moans if I do something totally vego but he quite likes quorn so I use that a bit.

We always have a big salad with everything lol.

xx

Jacket potatoes,

Tomato or veggie or cheesy pasta dishes or pasta bakes,

Omelettes, egg and chips, eggs and toast (we love eggs :haha: )

Pizzas,

Soups, stews and casseroles you can do without meat x

I made spag bol with lentils instead of mince last week for the first time and was very pleasantly surprised.

I eat meat everyday and make meals around the meat I choose so I too am interested about this thread. How do you make a lasagne without mince?

I guess you have to be more inventive, so I might give it a go every now and then

I'm not a great meat eater, i dont eat red meats or pork........i occasionally eat chicken and cod and thats about it, if we are having a meat meal, i usally have a veggie alternative but we also have meals such as:

pasta bakes
spanish omellette
rice stuffed beef tomatoes/peppers
butternut squash spaggetti
cauliflower and broccoli cheese bake
macoroni cheese
vegetable stew
vegetable lasagne
pastry dishes with various different toppings
pizza

quicker meals

eggs on toast
cheese on toast
soup and bread rolls
quick cheese/tomato pasta
spaghetti with a sauce
nachos with cheese/tomatoes/onions or whatever we fancy

i could easily live without meat.

OH and I eat a lot of meat but I personally prefer meals without the meat. I usually love pasta dishes.

For meat free lasagne (or spag bol) use chunky veg such as butterbut squash, turnip etc.. or use lentils.

I make pasta or rice based dishes and just don't put meat in.

We rarely eat meat, my mum was a strict vegetarian for years and OHs cultural diet is very low meat also. We eat quite a lot of fish, fish curry is delicious. You just need pieces of boneless white fish, make the curry sauce pretty much completely first and then just lightly poach the fish in it at the end. Tinned tuna is also a great alternative to mince in pasta dishes, even lasagne. Also if you have a pasta dish with cheese in already you don't technically need any meat in it, as the cheese is the protein. xx

I'm a veggie. We have things like homemade pizzas, macaroni cheese, spag bol (with quorn), jacket potatoes, quiche, shephards pie etc. I love the linda mccartney range and find a lot of her stuff nice to eat xx

Another Veggie here :) i find it easy though as i have been vegetarian since birth !
but i eat almost every meal that you would expect but i just substitute the meat for quorn or similar :)
a typical week would look like

Spag bol (quorn mince)
Jacket potatoes (w.e we fancy on them)
Vegetable soup
Burger and chips (vege burger- there are LOADS of burger options i like the southern style ones by quorn)
Shepards pie (quorn mince again)
mac and cheese
Sunday Roast all the veg etc and instead of meat maybe a vege pie or a quorn roast joint :)

Another Veggie here :) i find it easy though as i have been vegetarian since birth !
but i eat almost every meal that you would expect but i just substitute the meat for quorn or similar :)
a typical week would look like

Spag bol (quorn mince)
Jacket potatoes (w.e we fancy on them)
Vegetable soup
Burger and chips (vege burger- there are LOADS of burger options i like the southern style ones by quorn)
Shepards pie (quorn mince again)
mac and cheese
Sunday Roast all the veg etc and instead of meat maybe a vege pie or a quorn roast joint :)

I'm with you on these...yum! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->