those who have succeded in taking a dummy away around 7mnths???

mum2beagain

mum to 3 under 5
Reaction score
hi all connor has a dummy since he was 5 days old howeve the last month he has bugan to sleep terribly waking hourly just for his dummy and its killing me so ive decided that its time to take it away now hes been ok without it so far but when i put him down to nap hes suprisly went to sleep okj both times but only slept for about 30-45 mins where as normally hed sleep for up to 2 hours for those whoi have taken a dummy away is this normal to start with ? god im dreading tonight

My LO had to have a few sessions of CC before she found her thumb and now uses that instead of a dummy. Maybe try that? It's really worth it I found because even though she sucks her thumb, it's only to get her to sleep. Once she's sleeping she takes it out.

Hey,

I took Jenna's dummy away about a month ago so a but younger than your lo but for the same reasons. I had to use CC but it worked very quickly and she generally sleeps much better now.

I took Lo's dummy away at 7 months, cold turkey. He was a little unsettled for the first few naps/nights but he never screamed or anything and was soon back to normal and now self settles at night (without crying I hasn't to add). I'm very glad I did it when I did as I can honestly say he wasn't that bothered which I think he might have been if he had been older. X

I took Lo's dummy away at 7 months, cold turkey. He was a little unsettled for the first few naps/nights but he never screamed or anything and was soon back to normal and now self settles at night (without crying I hasn't to add). I'm very glad I did it when I did as I can honestly say he wasn't that bothered which I think he might have been if he had been older. X

see this sounds like connor i tried a few weeks ago but he just screamed for nearly 3 hours so i gave in tried again today and he hasnt even cried and nap/bed times just seems to be sleeping shorter periodds ill see how tonight goes he genrally self settled since birth anyway so hoping hell do ok just hope he doesnt wake up after an hour tonight lol x

ok so he went down fine hes now screaming blue murder help??? ive had to move him into travelcot in our room as hes waking keira up in there room

Well if you really want him to not have it anymore you probably will have to do a bit of CC with him now, as you dont want to start rocking him to sleep. xx

We are having problems too, LO only started using a dummy properly at 10week old, but relies heavily on it for naps/night time sleeps, but he wakes every 15minutes in the night, sometimes i don't biother going to bed, just drink energy drinks its that tiring. I;'m wondering the best way to go about it too?

ive never used cc how long should i leave it before going back into him? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"