Those who havent had an early scan

jkbmah

Preggers with #2
Reaction score
I am lucky in that I have no history of MC but it does mean I do not get an early scan. Mine is booked for 16th Dec (12 weeks). Its driving me mad this long wait. I'm dying to tell work people (work xmas do on 13th Dec) and other friends who keep inviting me on boozy xmas nights out. I haven't even told my mum yet as it all seems totally unreal. I feel like ill get to my scan and they will just say "what are you here for?, there is nothing here"

I haven't had much symptoms either which doesn't help the worry.

Are there any other mums here on the 12 week wait going mad with xmas invites? and secrecy. How are you coping?

I'm much earlier than you but have a planned boozy night out on the 6th. It would be very uncharacteristic of me not to drink a lot :)blush:) so I think I'm going to get a horrible 24 hour sickness bug around that time. Or invent some reason for driving to the venue. :haha:

I feel exactly the same! My first scan will also be 12 weeks and I really want to tell family before announcing to the world. My mum, sister and a few close friends know.
Not sure how the works Christmas do will go, might have to wear baggy clothes and drive so no excuse about not drinking.

I have our xmas work night out on the 6th Dec which I organised!!! Oops.

I'm usually the drunkest, loudest one so I am going to pretend I double booked myself and that I have a party in London to go on to later. I will drive and leave early - also very unlike me - and say I'm going on to party number 2 but really go home to bed! haha

My first scan is Dec. 4th which will be exactly 12 weeks for me too. I hate this waiting game as well. I made Christmas cards (announcements) I will mail them out after the Doctor's office that day if all is well.

I am in the same boat and yes it is agonizing. I will have my first heart beat scan at 12 weeks on Dec 2 (only 1 more week, whoohoo). I also have the same fear of nothing being there even though I do have pregnancy symptoms. I think that is normal though as we really don't get any confirmation from the time we peed on the stick.

I even asked my doc at the 2 month check up if it was still there and she just said, "We assume it is".

I thought about asking if I can go today for my heartbeat scan instead of next Monday, but I am so scared that they will not hear the heart beat and I don't have my U/S until Dec 5th so that would kill me having to worry for over a week.

:haha: You think it's bad for you ladies, I only reach 12 weeks on Christmas Eve! And I'm *still* waiting to hear back from the hospital to find out if my scan will be before or after xmas! The wait is agonizing! I'm going to call again and chase it up. I'd hate to fly back to the UK for xmas and not be able to tell my family the news.

But yes, this is so not a good period to be in the first tri over. V hard to hide the lack of drinking over the xmas period. Then again, it's the best xmas present ever to get the news you have a healthy bean and to be able to share that with your family.

EVERYBODY thinks they will get to the scan and there will be nothing in there. Its just one of those worries all mum to be's have.

My scan is on thursday when il be 12 weeks, the wait has been so hard! Cant wait to finally see my baby and start believing im pregnant lol xx

Hi Ladies,
I have had previous pregnancy issues, an ectopic in Nov last year and a mc in may this year. I mc at 9 weeks and I had an early scan at 7 weeks and saw baby so was disappointing when I miscarried after. This time I have opted out of an early scan as it made no difference last time, while I have found the wait unbearable I have waited until now to book my drs appointment, whoopsie! This backfired as they have no appointments till next Thursday, by then I will be 9+4 weeks. I doubt very much I will get an appointment now before xmas so I may opt for a private scan at 10/11 weeks then that way I will hopefully have some good news to share on xmas day with my family! Fingers crossed! x

:haha: You think it's bad for you ladies, I only reach 12 weeks on Christmas Eve! And I'm *still* waiting to hear back from the hospital to find out if my scan will be before or after xmas! The wait is agonizing! I'm going to call again and chase it up. I'd hate to fly back to the UK for xmas and not be able to tell my family the news.

But yes, this is so not a good period to be in the first tri over. V hard to hide the lack of drinking over the xmas period. Then again, it's the best xmas present ever to get the news you have a healthy bean and to be able to share that with your family.

I'm 12 weeks on the 27th so I'm in the same boat!! I need a date to aim for! Hoping it's before Xmas, will be nice to announce over Xmas :)

FX'd for you :flower: I think I might get a private scan at 11 weeks if they can't get me in before xmas... Annoying, but I really want to break the news over xmas when it can be face to face with my family.

I'm 12 weeks on the 27th so I'm in the same boat!! I need a date to aim for! Hoping it's before Xmas, will be nice to announce over Xmas :)

Ditto! I'm betting they make mine after Christmas so I can't announce till then, lol

I got my scan appointment! It's December 30th so can announce for new year! Yay!

scan on 2nd dec, will be 13+ by then. and yes, agonising. we'd seen DS twice by the time we went for his 12w scan :/

best excuse for not drinking over festive season: "doc says i have some kinda parasite, so my diet is restricted and i have been advised not to drink". it's the truth, but when you say "parasite" suddenly people become a whole lot less curious.

[QUOTE/]
I'm 12 weeks on the 27th so I'm in the same boat!! I need a date to aim for! Hoping it's before Xmas, will be nice to announce over Xmas :)[/QUOTE]

I'm the same as you ^^ but hubs wants to push the MW to book us in a week or so early so we can do the scan as presents, they can do the 12 week scan up to 2 weeks before and after the 12 week mark so that's what we're hoping for.

I just hate blatantly lying though. I got a very strange look yesterday when I said I would be driving at our xmas do the response was "why are you driving, why dont you just get the bus?" I just kind of said, well Its in the afternoon so I don't want to get really drunk if I have to look after DD the next day"

Whereas I love to go out on the razz really .....

I hate lying too, I've taken a policy that if someone asks me to my face how tcc is going or any luck yet? I will tell them, but if nothing is mentioned then I wont volunteer info, although I did tell my boss the other day, just in case I need a sick day.

In my view, if the worst happens people are kinda gonna find out anyway, and if they are true friends then they will support you through it :shrug: just my view though xx

Work "friends" are a bit different though as they very rarely tend to be real friends x

I turn 12 weeks on NYE so doubt very much I will get a scan before then, so going to be a fun Xmas and new year for me! Think I may have to be ill on NYE if I can't get a scan beforehand. My friends already think its odd as its usually me that organises something for the night and no one's heard from me haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->