Those who havent had an early scan

Hey Ladies,
i'm impatiently waiting for my booking appt next week. Have booked a private scan this morning on 14th Dec i will be 10 + 6 on my dates so will see how i measure when i go. Had to pay a £30 deposit today then £69 on the day itself.....pretty pricey but i've heard good things about this clinic & i can then hopefully share some news, i'm unsure of our nhs ultrasound dept opening hours between xmas and new year so will likely be a wait still for that nhs 12 week scan but i hopefully wont have too long to wait from this private one. Keeping everything crossed that a little bambino is in there! :) :thumbup:

I feel the same! All of a sudden I've become really impatient about it too lol! I'm 12 weeks on Christmas Day so I knew my scan would end up being after the festive period so I've booked a private one for Dec 20th when I'll be 11+2 weeks.
Like a PP I had a MMC where the baby stopped growing at 11 weeks so if I had one any earlier I wouldn't feel any more reassured, but can't stand the thought of going all over Xmas and the new year without knowing!
Things have been made worse by the fact my doctors surgery lost my booking in referral so I have to go back next week for them to fill in my referral, by which point I'll be 9 weeks so by the time I even get a booking in appt I'll be 10-11 weeks so no idea when I'll manage to get my NHS scan!!

Baileybubs, I am as far along as you and am doing the same thing. I had a private scan today, but also having another on 19th Dec as I don't think my normal healthcare one will be until after xmas as my booking appointment is only on the 17th December!

We want to announce the news to our parents and family over Christmas so this way we get to. We're also getting a nucal scan which isn't offered our free healthcare, but unfortunately we won't have the results until after Christmas.

I won't be 12 weeks until after Xmas this time which is a shame. With my dd we had our scan on 22nd dec I think and told everyone at Christmas. This year we will tell parents anyway and everyone else will wait till January to be told.

I figure we can ring to say belated happy new year and tell people then.

I'll drive to my works do and I've a Girly Xmas night out tomorrow where I'll drive as dd is poorly. I went to a wedding last wkend tho and I thought my friends would notice I wasn't drinking straight away but they didn't! I just had the odd drink which I then put down somewhere and lost! Everyone assumed I was drinking lol.

With having my dd this time and a partner who works evenings I thankfully have an excuse for any nights out or Xmas parties, for once not having a social life is paying off lol!

Callypogous yeah it seemed the best idea to book a private one, I knew I wouldn't have my scan before Xmas and just don't want that weighing on my mind. At least if something is wrong I'll know beforehand and can deal with it. 3 weeks tomorrow til my scan! Hope yours went ok today!

Thanks hun, the scan went well. I haven't had a mmc, this is my first time, but my close friend lost her baby between her 8 week scan and 11 week scan, so despite seeing a healthy little bean today I want the extra reassurance of a scan before we announce it to our parents.

My lovely Granny isn't very well at the moment, so if I'm giving my parents news I want it to be good news. They keep on telling me they are desperate to hear some good news as there have been a few deaths around them, but I'm holding out until I'm 12 weeks so that they can be happy and celebrate as soon as they hear the news rather than tentatively worry with me over the next few weeks lol.

Yeah I can understand waiting. We've told our parents but mainly coz we had no choice lol. But that's it besides my best friend.
It's weird coz until I see that scan I think part of me just won't believe it's real!

It's funny cause here (canada at least where I am) a 12 week scan IS an early scan lol! We usually get our one and only scan at 20 weeks for the anatomy scan...unless of course you're having complications.

I've got my first scan on Christmas Eve, which I'm glad about being before Xmas but am frustrated as I don't know how far along I am. Could be either 7 or 11 weeks now (unsure because of a very short bleed & nurse told me I had to count it as a period). Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

I'm the same. Scan is booking for the 12th so 2 weeks exactly. I have no idea how i've lasted this long. Its so counterproductive, the worrying must not be good for us. Petition for everyone to have early scans :D

Last time no one believed my excuses, lol. So this time we've just gone public :)

Yep i'm Canada too only one scan between 18 and 21 weeks.. I have driven up to 8 hours each time to get extra private scans but now finally we have a company in my town. after an mmc it feels way more important to have early scans. it changes nothing of course but I always feel better at least for a couple days each time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->