Those who's baby's eyes went brown

minties

Complete
Reaction score
Did you notice when your LO's eyes started to change colour?

As a bit of background, my families side are all blue, my eyes are blue. OH has hazel eyes that are quite light with lots of green, his mother has green eyes and his father had dark brown eyes.

My older kids both have what I would call brown eyes. Some might say hazel but I think they are too dark technically. Thomas's eyes were always dark, Sophie started out a sort of blueish grey and got brown streaks from about 8 weeks and went brown over time.

Emma is almost 3 months old and hers are still that newborn grey. I am sure they will go brown but it seems to be taking ages! I would love it if she ended up with green but doubt it somehow. I'm so curious about what colour her eyes will end up.

These are the kids eyes.

Thomas:

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/a31cefiro/thomas.jpg

Sophie at 6 months;

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/a31cefiro/DSC_0036.jpg

Sophie now at almost 4:

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/a31cefiro/sophie.jpg

Emma:

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/a31cefiro/emma.jpg

Such beautiful eyed children you have Minties <3 Emmas eyes are more blue than blue/grey & may even stay that way! I know they say Brown is usually the most dominant gene when it comes to eye colour but hers may stay blue.. my Dad had blue/grey eyes & my Mum very dark like you Sons, myself & older sister have blue eyes & younger sister has Brown! :)

My kids' doctor has said that eye color won't change a ton after 6 months. Your older daughter's changed a bit, but definitely looked like they were going brown. I'm thinking Emma is going to be blue eyed!

I also think Emma will have blue eyes there still very blue :) my first has blue eyes like me where ds2/3 have brown like there dad I new from very young thru would have brown eyes and new my first would have blue x

I'm obsessed with whether my LO is going to have blue or brown eyes! Mine are grey and DH's are dark brown - but his dad and a few of his siblings have blue eyes. Currently baby's are blue with brown flecks... I'm assuming that means they're going to go brown. I'd love if at least one of our kids has my eyes though. Will be stalking this thread to see what others say! :)

Thank everyone! I forgot to say that from the side her eyes have a tan glow when the light shines through, so that's interesting.

My kids eyes both changed colour a lot in the first 10-12 months especially, Sophie's got browner and browner and Thomas's got lighter.

Eye colours are so interesting an I find the genetics fascinations! Emma is also a lot more pale than my others were at this age when it comes to skin.

My kids' doctor has said that eye color won't change a ton after 6 months. Your older daughter's changed a bit, but definitely looked like they were going brown. I'm thinking Emma is going to be blue eyed!

This might be true some of the time but definitely not something to bank on. I had a nurse tell me this when my LO was six months old and she had very blue/green eyes. Around 10 months old she started getting noticeable brown streaks and by the time she was 15 months I'd say they were hazel/caramel. They didn't really settle on brown until she was 2.

My DH has gorgeous blue eyes but my side of the family is completely dark brown. I was a little disappointed that my brown eyes would dominate and we wouldn't have any blue eyed children.

Sure enough, DS1 was born with dark grey eyes, which turned brown within a matter of days.

DS2's eyes were blue when he was born and I kept waiting for them to turn brown but they never did. He's still blue eyed at 2.5 and now DD is blue at 6 months. I'm hoping hers don't change either.

I can't attach more than one image on my phone, but DS1 is below, and I'll attach the others in another comment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 11
DS2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 18
DD..she's mainly blue but has one brown streak in her left eye. It hasn't got larger or darker since she was born so I suspect it may stay like that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 19
My eldest 2 had gone brown at 1ish. 3rd is 3 and still bright blue (must be the milkmans kid!)

I'm also obsessed with what colour my DDs eyes will be! They've been blue since birth and don't seem to be changing at 7 months but I'm not sure when babies eyes usually change or if there's even a usually! My eyes are dark brown, almost black- the child looks like I had no input in her making :lol:

Had to zoom in on a pic but these are what her eyes look like in natural light-

https://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn198/crwxoxx/3D6A1359-DA23-4631-A977-20D11FFE2111_zpsgxiejxne.jpg

And then in normal light!

https://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn198/crwxoxx/E9AE0857-E9E1-4E58-9B39-DE70F1046A26_zpsdbgqongs.jpg

Jades stayed blue no change at all but the ones that went brown changed gradually by 1/2

Your daughter's eyes look super blue, I wouldn't be surprised if they stayed blue.

My son had blue eyes at birth. And I don't mean blue like the usual dark blue/slate grey but honest to goodness blue eyes. He is a year old now and has very striking blue eyes. His eye colour was pretty similar to your daughter's at 3 months, maybe a bit lighter.

I've attached his pics at 1 week, 6 months and 11 months.

Attachments

• Henry1weekA.jpg
    Henry1weekA.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Henry6months.jpg
    Henry6months.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Henry11months.jpg
    Henry11months.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 22
Wow, 3chords, they really are blue. Gorgeous!

Emma's eyes a lot greyer than that picture shows, in reality they look like a muddy denim I suppose - the picture I chose makes them look blue when they really are dark grey.

The mums at Thomas's school are always remarking on how Emma seems so much more like me (pale skin and blueish eyes) so maybe she will take after me.

Both of my older two were born with that same color blue as Emma's. They pretty much stayed that way, maybe lightened a bit, but they never changed to a different color. They were both blondes so I wasn't expecting them to change since blondes typically have light eyes. My newest DD on the other hand is 2 months old and also has that same color blue but she has dark hair, almost black. I'm wondering if her hair color is going to change since her eyes are the same color as her siblings. There are so many hidden genes you just never know.

Eye genetics aren't as simple as we once thought either, there seems to be a lot that goes into it! My OH is mixed race and all of his colouring (hair, eyes and skin) seems to be really dominant.

Eye genetics aren't as simple as we once thought either, there seems to be a lot that goes into it! My OH is mixed race and all of his colouring (hair, eyes and skin) seems to be really dominant.

My daughter is blondy hair and bright blue eyes. Me and her dad black/dark hair and both dark brown eyes. She looks different to her sister they both have same parents!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->