Those wire buzzy things with the rod...

emyandpotato

Reaction score
What are they called?! Those things where there is a curly wire and you have to move a rod from one end to the other without touching the wire or it'll buzz. I desperately need one as I have a 12 year old pupil who struggles massively with his handwriting and I thought it'd be a fun warm up but I can't get one if I don't know what it's called. Sorry for the silliest question!

Oh is that it? :dohh: Thought it'd be something complicated! Thank you!

Thanks! I have no clue about teaching handwriting so it's a total shot in the dark but at least he'll find it fun if nothing else.

Have you thought about using the operation game as well, the way the tweezers are held with two fingers is similar to holding a pen especially if you move the third finger round the back. It is good fir practising motor control. Just a thought, I used it with a student with dyspraxia and it helped a little.

Have you thought about using the operation game as well, the way the tweezers are held with two fingers is similar to holding a pen especially if you move the third finger round the back. It is good fir practising motor control. Just a thought, I used it with a student with dyspraxia and it helped a little.

Yeah I thought of that but just going to stick to one because of the cost of buying loads of resources and maybe get Operation in the future. Thank you for the suggestion!

:blush: I opened this post thinking you were talking about something...erm rude! :haha:

The teachers at DDs school suggested make a game where you need to pick up 'pieces' with tweezers to help with the hand/grasp you need for writing x

The teachers at DDs school suggested make a game where you need to pick up 'pieces' with tweezers to help with the hand/grasp you need for writing x

Thank you! We actually did this last week, except I taught him to use chopsticks. Also played pick-up sticks. I think his foster carers are wondering why they're paying me TBH but all we do is play different games :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->