Those With 2 More .. How Similar Where Your Labor Signs/Actual Labor

LeoTheLion

Reaction score
I'm interested to see if those who have had more than one had the same signs of labor, ds1 was born @36 weeks exactly & labor signs where pretty text book 4pm lost plug, 4am woke with period pains & needed too pee, had bloody show, 4:30am waters broke while sat on bed ..went hosp, progressed quite quick but ds got stuck so after a hr of pushing had spinal forceps & episiotamy .. ds was born @ 10:52am s in all around 6 hours labor.
I'm wondering weather this time i will show the same signs, baby is measuring big so don't expect to go full term, i'm 34+4 now & pregnancy has been pretty much plain sailing, few more aches & pains this time & getting brackston hixs but pretty similar to first.

Where your labor signs/labor similar?

Both of my labours started with my waters breaking and then contractions starting after. I never had any other signs leading up to either labour. Both boys were born 6 hours after my waters broke. With ds1 contractions started pretty much straight away and we're very soon 2 mins apart and painful and with DS2 they took a while to start and was recorded as a 2 hour active labour. I'm probably a minority but both labours were very similar x

My 1st was induced by pessary but nothing happened so I was in hospital waiting to go on the drip the next day. I was checked at about 10pm, no dilation, cervix high etc. An hour later I started getting cramps and about 30 minute later they got really sore. I had a big clear out and then it got more painful and stayed at that intensity throughout. I was checked and was 3cm, 45 minutes later I was 6cm, 15 minutes later I was 7cm. Then I stalled at 8cm for a while and had my waters broken. Got to 10cm, pushed for 2 hours and baby was born.
With my 2nd I went into labour spontaneously. I was 3cm for a while before labour started and then when I was about 40+3 I had a sweep and the next day I lost my plug and had a bloody show. That night I was asleep and woke a few times with period type cramps, maybe starting around 2-4am. At 7am I thought maybe it would be that day but the contractions were mild, uncomfortable but not very painful. I went on like that until about 10am and thought yeah, this is it. Then they started getting really sore and I went to hospital. I was 8cm and stayed at 8cm for a while (same as my 1st labour) until my waters were broken. Got to 10cm not too long after that and then pushed for 14 mins and DD was born.
My 1st labour was about 6 hours start to finish and my 2nd was probably about 9 hours. I was expecting it to be shorter than my 1st, especially as I was already 3cm dilated. I don't know how quickly I dilated with my 2nd as I didn't get checked until I was 8cm but I think I dilated slower than with my 1st. The contractions leading up to transition were less painful with my 2nd but transition and pushing was more painful 2nd time around. With my 1st I didn't have any signs of going into labour until it was underway but with my 2nd I had signs for a day or so.

First: 40+10. lost plug. Waters started trickling. No contractions at all for 8 hours. 24hours after watsr starred trickling contractions had not increased beyond 20min apart and for a variety of reasons we agreed to syntocinon drip to move things along. I was 2-3cm when drip started, she was born 8.5 hours after that.

Second: 40+4. Woke up at 11:30pm with contractions 5 mins apart. Drove 3 hours to hospital (contractions reduced to 10 mins for the journey thankfully). Was 3cm at arrival, stretched to a 4. Bub born an hour and a half later. water broke the push before she was born (less than 7 hours since first contraction). No prior signs whatsoever - no plug, nothing.

So mine were about as dissimilar as they can get. Lol.

Bump. Can't wait to read more comparisons

First - No signs, my waters just went (with meconium). Labour was horrible, 38 hours from waters breaking and 37 hours of regular contractions. Induced with a pessary about 10 or 12 hours after waters breaking, after about (at a total guess) 37 hours I started getting pretty ill (fever, high heartrate/pulse) was taken to theatre where DS was delivered via forceps with an episiotomy.

Second - Mild contractions on the 19th but gone by the afteenoon, same again on the 20th so I went to finish Christmas shopping and got bits for my hospital bag around 6pm, had a contraction in the supermarket got home and around 8pm they started again. Went to the hospital around 10.30pm as they were getting hard to talk through, everything went perfect, 4.50am my waters went and I was pushing at 5am, at 5.08am DD was born (SVD) :D

Interesting thread. I was wondering about this too. My last labour was good, just a bit long so I'd be very happy if this one was just the same, only speeded up slightly :). It seems to vary a lot though.

1st
slow labour from 38w, cold / clear outs 7-10 day before early labour started. Big 4 min contractions 4 times. Bloody show after an internal was 5-6cm. Smooth labour, waters broken for me at 10cm. Pushing for 10mins, placenta out very quick. I was 40+4 in total 27hr of labour.

2nd
irregular bh overall less than with the first. Cold / clear out 7 days before a sweep. Needed a sweep at 41w. False labour that evening. Started to lose my plug next evening, clump size of my palm lol.
Arrived at hosp 4cm, much more intense than first time plus i had spd this time. Smooth labour, waters broken on their own when i was pushing. Out in 15 mins, placenta out very quick. I was 41+2 , active labour 6hr20min total 10hrs.

first: 40+12

induced by pessary, steady contractions, water broken spontaneously near the end, about 10 hours from pessary to birth? ish. no prior symptoms.

second: 40+3

clear out tuesday evening, lost bits of plug. gentle BH type contractions all night. irregular proper contractions all day wednesday, baby born at 6pm on wednesday after waters broken by midwife. established labour just a couple of hours. just 2 pushes.

expecting number 3 - im on the look out for clear out/mucus/plug!!

Ds-irregular contractions throughout the Friday became regular that evening and through the night. Not even dilated when checked at z7am but was 6cm when I went back at 2pm. Fully dilated by 6pm but had an epidural at that time as he was still high and they broke my waters. Rested for a bit then Pushed for 3.5hrs before being taken to theatre for foreceps, spinal block and episiotomy. He was born just into the Sunday at 41+4. About 45 hours in total.

Dd- had lots of painful bh and false labour in the weeks leading up, much more than with ds. Was booked to be induced at 41+5 and my first real contraction was as we were dropping my son off with my mum at 1pm. Regular but not that sore contractions all afternoon and was 3cm at 5pm so they didn't have to do anything to me. Gas and air when I went down to delivery at 10.30. DD arrived in a rush after 3 pushes. My waters went directly before that. About 11 hours in total. A completely different experience!
Let's see what #3 brings!

DD 39 weeks: No signs, maybe few braxton hicks, 7pm contractions started really strong, hour later lost plug, got to hospital 10.30 8 cm dilated and waters went, 00:00 she was born

DS 38 weeks: 10.30 pm Contractions started and got really strong really fast, got to hospital just after 11pm 7 cm dilated. Waters went upon arrival. He was born at 00:20.

God knows what No 3 will have in store!! My first 2 where early and contractions came back to back super fast......either no 3 I will sneeze and it will be born.....or it will go the other way: I will go overdue and have to be induced lol!!! xx

Dd was about 32 hours of labor. I just wouldn't dialte and they kept sending me home. About 20 hours into it my body start contracting hard and my waters broke. Got to hospital around 2 am and was in 3 cm. :-( so they put me in a drip and I begged for an epidural! Finally relaxed enough and hit 10at eleven. Pushed for 45 minutes. Was 41 weeks. She was born at 1146

DS completely different. Had BH from 22 weeks on. I even sent my husband out with his dad that night. Around 9-930 I had a few and didn't think much of it. Around 10 I lost my plug in one large gross glob. Was about a cup of it. Then I had bloody show and started clearing out. Still barely any contractions. Then I got one around 1030 and just knew. Called him home and my mom. Got to the hospital around midnight. In that one hour I started to contract. No transition no early labor. Just bam. Got tot the hospital was 7cm. 10 minutes later I was 10 and pushing. He came so fast he broke his collar bone. I was 40 weeks. And he was born at 12:44 with about 3 1/2hours of labor.

Hoping this time it's just as swift and easy!!

I had nesting then waters broke within a few days with both of my children. Labours were different though, no 2 was much much shorter.

Spontaneous 4 labours
1st 37 weeks water broke had baby 2 hours later
2nd 36 weeks contraction every 4 minutes waters broke by hospital had baby 3 hours
3rd 35+3 contractions every 2 mins hospital broke water 50 minutes had baby
4th 35+3 had bloody show went to hospital kept in for observation 4am contractions started 2hours later baby arrived

Quickest labour was by far the most painful but all my men are worth it!!!!

Hoping for 2-3 hour labour this time to x

My first was a textbook labour - I woke at 1:13am (yes, exactly - I remember looking at the clock lol), with my first painful contraction. They gradually got closer together until DS was born at 11:06 am.

With my second, I was in total denial that I was in labour. I actually thought I have food poisoning or a gastrointestinal virus. I felt nauseous and kept getting cramps in my stomach. My "contractions" were very irregular until after my water broke at around 6pm, and DD was born at 9:15pm.

Mine were identical. All 3 of my labors started with regular contractions that got closer and stronger. They all lasted around 3 hours too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->