Those with indoor pets

PitaKat

Reaction score
How do you keep the pet hair down? I have two indoor dogs, medium size with medium hair, and an indoor cat. There's hair everywhere, it's driving me nuts! :wacko: Especially as it tends to stick to all my clothes :dohh: Some days I'll vacuum twice a day but its still everywhere. So what do you do?

Admit defeat :rofl:

I'm looking at my carpet now and it looks like it hasn't been hoovered in a month, it didn't look like this earlier :dohh:

If you don't have a dog brush, roll some sticky/masking tape backwards around your hand and brush them down with it, do it every second day.

buy a furminator :D

its a dog brush & its amazing!!!!

I had a white pit bull who would shed CONSTANTLY.. and all my clothes are dark, so his white hair got on everything! and they're little short hairs, so they stuck to everything.. haha.

I had to kick him off the bed and couch and keep my clothes put away.. and give him a bath at least once a week.. also, try not to change their food too often.. because that can make them shed.

basically, good diet and weekly baths.. and a couple lint rollers!

lol Redlily that is not the kind of advice I'm looking for, though it may be the kind that I end up following! :haha:

I am good friends with our lint roller, clothes have to be rollered before we leave the house :dohh:

During the summer the dog with longer hair gets shaved down, and both dogs spend more time outside when the weather is nice. Looks like I'm just gonna have to do more brushing and vacuuming during winter...

we have a dog and at first the dog hair use to piss me off royally BUT what can you do apart from hoover........hoover and hoover again..........brush them etc etc......i guess its just part of having a pets x

i will look into a 'furminator' sounds intresting!

Apart from hoovering, hoovering, hoovering, I get mine groomed all year round, every month or 2, this is the only thing that helps.
They say dogs should only shed their hair twice a year, not that i believe this with our little fellow, he sheds constantly, but keeping his hair short definitly helps.

I get in from work and straight away i take off my work clothes. I HATE seeing friends calling with black clothes on! they won't stay black for too long!

Yep we have a furminator for our cat! Brilliant think it was a fiver from ebay xx

I have two dogs (both black furred) and a cat (black furred)... and cream carpets... feel my pain.

I stopped worrying - the carpets come up lovely when I hoover them (the hoover's perma left on the intensive clean setting), the sofas are covered with throws where the cat likes to lie on them - and it IS called FURniture after all. The long-haired dog gets furminated fairly regularly too.

magic brush (sure thats the name but if not its pink) its from pets at home, use it on rug and carpets before hoovering and it gets all the fur up so its easier to hoover, I admited defeat over some of it, by getting hard flooring and then with sofas through a blanket over which can be washed. A damp sponge can help get it up as well. Clothes I use sticky tape on a lint roller, I'm sure I could make a whole new cat with the fur my two indoor cats drop and when the rabbits been for a hop about its even worse lol

my henry hoover has been the best to survive fur, I have been through many supposed pet friendly hoovers until I got my henry

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->