Those with SPD - Any comfortable sleeping positions?

MummyToAmberx

Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy
Reaction score
I live in hope that someone maybe able to offer some advice on a comfortable sleeping position with SPD or anything youve done to improve the pain while sleeping?

Do you sleep with pillow between your knees? Ive seen some sources say that its okay others have said its big no no.

I have spd and I sleep with a pillow between my knees, physio reccomended this. It helps a little but I must say im still in agony! X

I sleep with a pillow between my knees as well. I was told to take Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc pills for foot and calf pain. I was surprised to discover that somehow that increased calcium intake has reduced my SPD pain at night.

Well, I know that mine is much worse when I'm sitting or sleeping, so I've learned that the pressure of the bones pushing together is what makes mine increase.

For me, I definitely have my pregnancy pillow wrapped nicely there, but when the SPD is having a rough night, I will take a body pillow and *Really* open up my pelvis -- I'd say at least 12 inches apart. It feels silly, and it looks silly, but I was able to go back to sleep. The key with this position is that I can wake, get up, and walk without it going to shooting pain that will almost knock me to the floor. Some positions might help, but when I wake to pee, I will get a dramatic shooting pain. The two pillow trick seems to prevent it for me (but caution if you are having SI joint pain or sciatica. This position might loosen that area causing pain there... which I do, but SPD is much worse in my case. The lesser of two evils :roll: :haha:)

Hope this helps! :hugs:

I have taken to sleeping in our recliner on my side. It is the only position I can sleep in and not get up feeling like an 80 year old. The pillow thing only worked until about 25 weeks. Gave up my bed and pillow and have felt tons better though not perfect. Still aches, clicks, and pops. Was also having terrible numb/burning feelings on the outside of my left hip area. That is gone too. Probably was a pinched nerve. Now I just watch what I am doing during the day. If I over due it or do stupid things like excessive squatting (thanks to 2 yr old) I pay for it no matter where or how I sleep. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->