thoses that have a had a previous vbac talk to me!

bounceyboo

bambino on the way!
Reaction score
I thought I was going for C-section all along but today the doctor and midwife both said to try for a vbac im so tempted to avoid the C-section if I can what was you experience like etc :flower:

I was induced, but it was still a vaginal delivery; though I also had an epidural.

If you have an epidural with a VBAC, be aware that you may not be able to feel the contractions and so know when it is "time" to push. I felt NOTHING, but the midwife expected me to push during my contractions. Ended up that the nurses and my mom would watch the monitor and tell me when to push when they saw the contraction on the screen. It worked out well, but took a little organization right at first, because they all definitely expected me to be able to feel the contractions even with the epidural.

I was not prepared for the amount of swelling. Literally felt like I was sitting on a football afterwards. I'm sure all women are different when it comes to the healing, but wow. When I finally got a good look at myself all I could do was sit there and cry. Of course, you heal up and it's all fine, but I simply was not prepared for that part.

If the doctor/midwife has to break your waters it can HURT. All women are different, but mine seriously hurt. So much so that I immediately threw up afterwards. I'm hoping my waters break naturally this time before I get to the hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->