Thought I ovulated, but where's my period??

I think you have the right idea to get off of bcp a few months before you ttc. It will allow you to regulate your cycle. I hope it sorts itself out soon. Best wishes MaisyMay!

Are you 14 dpo or at cd 14?

Sorry I'm not being very clear. I'm 14dpo and on CD 49 (or there abouts, I ovulated late this month, I think it was because of stress becasue I normally O on CD 24)

Chubbin, thanks so much for sharing your story. I can't help but be really anxious about the whole TTC thing since coming off the pill. (we're still WTT at the moment) I wanted to stop taking BCP a good few months before we start TTC because I wanted to see what my cycles were like and also whether or not I'd have any problems with my cycle. It's so stressful. I don't know if my cycles have been longer because of BCP or not. I don't really remember what my cycles were like before (I've been on BCP since I was 17) All I know is I've never missed a period before or even remember having a late period.

I was very anxious when ttc as well. I had no idea if I would be able to conceive, and my ever lengthening cycles were concerning me greatly. Whilst on bc I could practically tell you the hour when I would start my 'period', so I was somewhat discombobulated when everything became unpredictable. I used ovulation sticks, so Id be testing every day from cd 10 to (as I mentionned) cd 30 and beyond :nope: It didnt help my peeing on a stick obsession i can tell you :haha:
Like you I had been on bc since age 16, so I was sceptical that Id even be able to conceive naturally (even though there is no evidence to suggest that long term pill use causes infertility).
Anyway as you know it all ended happily, as Im sure it will for you too. I certainly got to know ever little twinge and foible of my body during our ttc adventure...
Good luck and try not to worry too much (easier said than done i know) :flower: xx

MaisyMay, when are you planning on TTC? I, too, will be TTC near the end of this year and am still trying to decide when to get off the pill.

Thank you again chubbin hearing your situation (which sounds similar to mine) helps me to relax a bit. Puppymom we're going to start ttc in august this year (august 6th to be precise, our wedding night ;-)) i've been off of bcp since around january time. Just wanted to see what my cycles would do and also my mum was going on at me that I should give my body three clear months off the pill before ttc. She thinks if you try too soon after the bcp it causes risk of mc. I think that's a bit of an old wives tale, but didn't want to take any chances. Just to update you all I got my full blown af a few hours ago. So looks like I definately ovulated when the test said (just late, hopefully because of stress) that also puts my lp at a clear 14 days each month (using spotting as the end of lp) so I think thats a good thing. Hope this cycle is more like normal. Thanks again girls :)

I, too, am feeling like I want my body to have that natural time, free of extra hormones, before ttc as well. I keep hearing of the increased fertility the month after coming off the pill, but am still iffy if it's the best for my body, or not (I'm sure it's fine!). We should be ttc buddies when the time comes around - we will likely wait until September, but that's not too far off you.

Glad AF came for you today, sounds like you have a steady luteal phase, which is great to know!

Argh sorry just spent ages typing a message and it didn't send (typing from my fone and it's being awkward) so anyway I was saying that I think there may be some truth in being more fertile the month you stop bcp because the month I did I had loads of o signs and very sore and big breasts and I had a perfect 28 day cycle which i've never had in my life (except for when I was on bcp) the only thing I would say is that i've also read of alot of women who took a few months to get a period after stopping bcp. I think it totally depends on the woman and I really just wanted to see what my cycles would be like after stopping it. I also really like knowing the length of my lp which i've read is really important in ttc. The only downer to stopping bcp is that I may have af on our wedding day. Fingers crossed I don't have af and i'm o instead hee hee. Yay we should definately be ttc buddies :)

I agree, I think there probably is truth in that as well. I think I'll give my body a chance to sort it out ahead of time and see what happens there.

Our wedding anniversary is in August as well, must be a good month ;)

Okay so heres the deal my lmp was april 8th during and even after my partner would finish inside me every time we had intercourse, the last time being the 23rd. I assumed if i had my average cycle of 32 days i ovulated between that day through the 27 around the time that being because i been monitoring my cervix and it was too high for me to reach. Maybe after a week its dropped midway I'm guessing because i have very small fingers and still have a little trouble feeling on it, anyways since then its been midway and fairly soft and tender. Tender to the point that two times that i did have sex it didn't feel too good. Its just weird to me because i been extremely fatigue for a month now broke out more then i ever had two weeks ago and still no period. Other then fatigue i been gassy, have indigestion and my areolas have a darker right and my nipples look red. Let me note i have irregular periods but they range from 28 to 33 days. Anyways saturday and sunday i felt this slight stabbing shock feeling around my uterus just once both days and ever since i been have mild cramping. I did the qtip check, no blood. Just white discharge that is sticky one day and watery the next. Issue is today i took a pt and it was a bfn.

The cramps are coming from down there and arent belly pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->