Thoughts on my boy names? Long, please help!! Honesty :)

Benjamin - Love this. We're using it as our son's middle name.
Asher - Again, love this with nn Ash. I don't hear it enough around here!
Sol - Love. Really different and strong sounding.
George - Like, afraid of it becoming too popular though.
Jacob - Like, again very popular.
Leon - Dislike.
Akiba - Dislike.
Elijah - OK, know too many of them!
Ezra - Dislike.
Micah - Lovelovelove, but I'm biased since we're using it! :cloud9:
Boaz - Not sure on this one?
Dov (like he dove into the pool) - Not keen.
Noah - Not my taste.
Isaiah (nn shay) - Like, cute.
Judah - Dislike.
Ori - OK.
Donald (nn Donnie) - OK.
Caleb (NN Cale, like kale vegetable) - Like.

Hope that helps a bit! :flower:

I like Micah, Asher and Orien best!

I think the original spelling of Orion should definitely be kept with this name, otherwise it looks like a real error.

My feelings won't be hurt, trust me. Please give likes, dislikes, honest thoughts, suggestions. :thumbup:

Benjamin - like
Asher - LOVE
Sol - LOVE this name in English, but they Hebrew name is Shlomo, so not as nice sounding as Sol
George - not such a fan, no offense to Prince Kate ;)
Jacob - LOVE
Leon - nice
Akiba - Really like it
Elijah - LOVE this is my on my top list, because I love the nickname Eli
Ezra - LOVE, my top 5!
Micah - LOVE
Boaz - I know someone annoying named Boaz, so I am biased haha
Dov (like he dove into the pool) - LOVE I want this to be our sons middle name!!!
Noah - I love the English version, but the Hebrew version has the dreaded "kchh" at the end
Isaiah (nn shay) - really nice!
Judah - LOVE, biased as its my husbands name :)
Ori - I like it a lot, very Israeli
Donald (nn Donnie)
Caleb (NN Cale, like kale vegetable) - LOVE

I'm so appreciative ladies

These are mostly deceased family names by the way :)

Yahh so excited to find a fellow Jew :hugs: at least I'm assuming based on your name choices....either way, LOVE the names! Some of them are on my list and Judah (Yehuda) is my husbands name! He is Israeli and we will be moving to Israel soon, so we use all the Hebrew versions of names. I love so many of your names!!! Here is our list:

Nadav
Yoav (Joel)
Yonatan (Jonathan)
Etai (Ethan, pronounced Ee-tie)
Ezra
Eliav
Yishai

Sorry I am selfishly telling you our list, just excited to find someone who will recognize these names :)

I think the original spelling of Orion should definitely be kept with this name, otherwise it looks like a real error.

Just have to say.....Ori, can be an original spellings of the name....it means "my light" in Hebrew, its not a nn

Just have to say.....Ori, can be an original spellings of the name....it means "my light" in Hebrew, its not a nn

Ori yes, but Orien looks like a misspelling of Orion

Yes yes, very Jewish couple here, too...both my girls have Hebrew names. So what some people on here think of as strange of course are normal to us ;)

Yes, we still like Ezra. Asher, too. We liked Mattan but it seems very secular. We want to avoid names like Daniel, David, etc. I like Dovid, and Dov (I misspoke earlier about pronunciation). At the same time I don't think we want Eliahu as the actual name or Shlomo, etc. we don't want to use an "s" name and of course there are many names to avoid of all the living relatives :thumbup:

Yes we would just use Ori. That's the Hebrew name, not Orion, which wouldn't fly in our community lol. I saw Oren on some list, maybe from Aish.com. I've been poking around on imamother as well. I like Eitan, which I think is top ten in Israel at the moment, along with Noam and such.

I tell you it's hard finding a good Jewish name! And I'm due during Hanukkah so Judah, Ori, etc are very appropriate!!

Any more suggestions?

Noam is so Chomsky! :haha: Might be quite cool!

I also like Mattan.

My vote: Sol Mattan

We had a similar problem with the unfamiliarity as I am Welsh yet OHs family are all English. I suggested names like Dafydd, Llewelyn, Carys and Eira and they all looked at me like I was from space! I didn't think they were odd at all! :shrug:

I have to say I love Ezekiel! A friend just named her little boy this, they use Zeke as a nn. I think it's so cute!

I do like the sound of Eitan too :)

We had a similar problem with the unfamiliarity as I am Welsh yet OHs family are all English. I suggested names like Dafydd, Llewelyn, Carys and Eira and they all looked at me like I was from space! I didn't think they were odd at all! :shrug:

I have to say I love Ezekiel! A friend just named her little boy this, they use Zeke as a nn. I think it's so cute!

I do like the sound of Eitan too :)

My only problem is "seek the geek zeek the geek" my kid would just be asking for it, right? Seems not nice to give that name lol

:haha: Fair point! I didn't think of that as 'geek' is not a word you really hear around here.

I still like Eitan though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"