Thoughts on my chart?

Hiker1

Reaction score
Hello and first post here! My husband and I have been ttc since January. I've been charting on and off, but regularly tracking periods, cm, and using ovulation kits. This month I was very sick around the time of my fertile window, and also I will mention my ovulation was delayed almost a week I think because I was sick. So my Temps at that time were probably not normal for me. Anyway my chart did not detect an ovulation date, but I think my chart looks pretty textbook. Can someone look at it and tell me, 1) when do you think I ovulated? And 2) does my post ovulation temperatures look like I might be pregnant? I had what looks like 2 big dips around 8 days then my Temps have risen again. Thanks for any feedback. Here's my chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5c0b60/

Cd17 looks like when u o'd. You may have had implantation dip but a lot of ladies have a natural dip then depends if you normally. If you get to 18 dpo normally indicates pregnancy x

From what I've been reading, your OPK doesn't correlate well with the BBT. Normally the OPK signals that you'll ovulate in 24-48 hours, you'll see a temp dip (for some folks) right around that time and then your temperature will climb above a baseline and stay there until AF (or onward if you're pregnant). You may or may not see an implantation dip.

Your positive OPK was CD18, so CD19 or CD20 should be your O day.

Your coverline is really hard to tell in your chart. You have two spikes at CD10 and 15. If we remove those, I'd call your cutoff at 97.4, and then your temperature spikes ahead of your positive OPK (which would be around CD17), which isn't really what is expected.

Leaving them in, I'd probably put your coverline at 97.9, but then again, you don't have the consistent temperature rise after you positive OPK.

I'm stumped.

My thoughts are O on CD19, your CM looks good. Your CP is good in terms of being soft and open on that day, but it should normally be high when you're Oing and then drop and firm up after O.

Are you temping at the same time every day, with the thermometer in the same place, before you're out of bed or moving or even talking?

I agree with the previous poster. It's a bit baffling with the opk. I don't track CP so I don't know what any of that means. Going off of temps alone, and I'm ignoring the two spikes, I'd honestly say you Oed at CD 16. I know you mentioned being sick, but is there any reason those two temps are so high? And did you mark in the symptoms section that you were sick/ had a fever so FF can take that into account?

In any case, looks like we're getting into the time when you can start thinking about testing.

I agree on CD19 being the most likely O day, so if I were you I would mark that as such so you can know when AF will most likely arrive... better yet, when to test.

Also, while it does not look like a traditional "pregnant" chart, I have come to find that there is no point trying to make sense of it. If you look through my charts, esp. my last cycle, everything about it looked so promising. I have had many of those and never a BFP. Go with how you're feeling over any silly chart... they make me so mad! lol :dust:

Hi all, thank you SO much for all thw thoughtful replies! To answer your questions about the earlier temp spikes, I do test at the same time every day, and without moving a muscle I grab my thermometer. I really think they had to do wit me being sick. If you see day 13 has a dotted line, I had a temp of 99+ that morning and FF discarded it. The other days I was sick I marked the sick check in FF but it didn't discard those temps...not sure why. As for my cervical position (haha never thought I'd say that ever!!) Admittedly I am not sure I record the high/low thing correctly. I can for sure detect the firmness and openness, but the position baffles me because in my head what I think feels low is considered high technically so just disregard that. Important thing I think is I definitely feel a difference around O time because of the soft and openness. No other time of the month does it feel like that.

Now onto my neXT perplexing thing. So I am in Colorado for the weekend (I live in PA) Yesterday and today, my am temps were 94.something. FF said for time change, to continue to temp at the local time as only one day should show a difference on account of the time zone. I temped 2 hours earlier ( which would be the local time back home) and they were lower at that time. So which temp should I keep? Currently the chart reflects the Colorado temp ( I temp around 7am daily ).

Oh and according to FF I ovulated like 2 days ago...haha. what should I do?? Thanks so much for all your help! This is wonderful having others to talk with about this.

Whenever I travel, I take my temp at the same time and just check off the "traveling" box under custom specifics and also put it in notes. Unfortunately, yes, that might affect your chart and the temp might not be perfect, but it's the best way. And regardless of what that chart says, won't influence how the cycle turns out :)

Hi everyone, sorry to say I got home and this morning got my period. So sad. :( as an FYI in case someone was wondering about the travel thing, looks like the lower Temps I got at the EST (not local Colorado time) were the most accurate. I guess I wanted to believe the higher ones taken 2 hours later. I went back and put in the EST temps and you can see the temps clearly dropping over these past few days. Had I believed those ones I would have had a little more fun at the wedding I went to :) not a drop of alcohol or caffeine the whole time...I'm sure my friends noticed. Oh well. Hopefully this month will be it! I'm sure being sick wasn't the best time to conceive anyway... thanks for all your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->