Thoughts on symptom spotting?

Bbari2018

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new here, and I'm also new to symptom spotting. This is the first cycle that DH and I are TTC. For me it's 9DPO and I've been symptom spotting, just because I'm excited to be doing it for the first time. But I'm beginning to question if it's mentally healthy, because I feel like I'm imagining symptoms or I question and wonder if my PMS usually came this early and whatnot.

I was wondering, for those who have been TTC, what are your thoughts on and experiences with symptom spotting?

I'm usually pretty casual about it, personally. It drives me bonkers sometimes because sometimes an overactive bladder is just a sign of ovulation for me, which is really irritating since it's also supposed to be an early pregnancy sign. Each month and each pregnancy can be very different too.

We've had mixed luck with pregnancies, so I try not to do too much and just be aware of whether I just *want* to feel pregnant vs if I actually am and that's why I feel nauseous/gassy/bloated/etc. It's hard since you never really track this stuff until you want to get pregnant and then you're hyper alert to every possible sign. I know that's how I was with my daughter, as she was our first try, lol. I take all of it with a bit of a grain of salt now until I get a positive test.

I'm usually pretty casual about it, personally. It drives me bonkers sometimes because sometimes an overactive bladder is just a sign of ovulation for me, which is really irritating since it's also supposed to be an early pregnancy sign. Each month and each pregnancy can be very different too.

We've had mixed luck with pregnancies, so I try not to do too much and just be aware of whether I just *want* to feel pregnant vs if I actually am and that's why I feel nauseous/gassy/bloated/etc. It's hard since you never really track this stuff until you want to get pregnant and then you're hyper alert to every possible sign. I know that's how I was with my daughter, as she was our first try, lol. I take all of it with a bit of a grain of salt now until I get a positive test.

Yes! That's why I asked, because I feel like I'm going crazy - am I imagining it or not? But I'll take your response as advice and take the symptoms with a grain of salt, seems the most mentally healthy.

I symptom spotted for the first four cycles we were TTC. Some of the symptoms I spotted were shortness of breath, bloating, lack of bloating, increased cervical fluid, etc. Finally after Cycle number 4, I decided that I was just torturing myself by symptom spotting and that it woulld be much less stressful if I stopped. Basically, during the tww I would try my best to live my life as normal. As a matter of fact if you were to ask me what my symptoms were during the tww when I actually did get my BFP, (Cycle 6 of TTC) I wouldn't even be able to tell you!

I have been ttc for about 1 1/2 years, have never got a bfp. My PMS symptoms are just like any pregnancy symptoms. I get sore bbs, food cravings and so on, so every time I'm late I have just ended up getting my hopes up. So symptom spotting definelty drives me crazy but not so much I won't do it. Not like I could mentally not keep track anyway, lol.

Its not healthy but i think you either get people who want a baby and cant stop wandering all month if they have managed to catch the egg (me) these people tend to look into cm and twinges and taste buds and start testing really early (me) id say alot of ladies on here are that way (including me lol) or you get people who can just wait and have control haha.

From my experience (i have never done the cervix check or temperature checks, ive used ovulation sticks occasionally and i do test early) even if you tell yourself you are being obsessive and you should just think of Other things until af doesn't arrives its extremely hard to do. I hate that i am this way. Ive had one successful pregnancy! She is sitting next to me now aged two but ive also had about 8 months of wasting tests peeing on sticks for my usually spotting anf period to start. Ive also had 2 cases when hallelujah i have had a light positive (im talking squinting and only visible in certain lights) followed my by a slighty darker test followed by a period 3-4 days late. It's extremely hard on your emotions and it is disappointing and upsetting,

This is just my personal views on it but I suppose if you are happy then its fine to do it xx

Laura i totally know what you mean.

Even when I felt like I was going to drive myself crazy, I wanted a bfp so badly I would log everything. There were times i would wonder if it was my imagination. I talked to my OBGYN and she told me to stop, as the stress of overanalyzing all symptoms would not help getting pregnant...

But then of course I went home and kept monitoring. I believe though that it is good to do though in terms of learning more about your bosy, regardless of pregnancy.

Ive just had a bfp today at 10dpo in total shock. I hope you get yours soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->